This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Oversoul: Rare Bribe/Congrats!

#1IncertarumPosted 11/11/2012 9:25:37 PM
I did check the search feature but couldn't find what I was looking for so I'll ask it here anyway.

Does anyone know what the percentage is for the rare bribe/congrats? For example, when bribing an oversouled Flailing Ochu (or using Congrats) you normally get Faerie Earrings; however, there is a chance that you can get a Ribbon instead. Can anyone help with that percentage, please?
#2falconesquePosted 11/12/2012 7:30:30 AM
No one's published game mechanics on that level for FFX-2. Someone started but abandon such a project, same as pulled all sorts of numbers via emulator for FFX, can't recall the ID at the moment, sorry.

Those sorts of numbers are nested within other formulae at any rate, and the veneer of randomization was done fairly well for FFX and FFX-2. Reset your game or console and reload if item drops aren't falling your way. It won't change until you do, so don't drive yourself nuts needlessly beating a dead horse, as it were.
---
Guides and other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King, Secret Agent Clank
#3Incertarum(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 8:18:43 AM
Thanks. Fortunately I've found a better way to get the Ribbon. All I'm fighting now are oversouled Flailing Ochus and so far I have had 1 Ribbon from 6 oversouls. Hopefully it won't take much longer. ^_^

I'm presuming everyone knows the trick? The game has been out a long time and I'd be surprised if many didn't know. For those who don't know, this is what I'm doing:

First you need to kill 12 Flailing Ochus; the 13th one will oversoul. Flee and make your way to the save sphere. Save your game and reset. Go back to where you were fighting the Ochus and the first one you encounter will oversoul. If you don't get the Ribbon from Bribe/Congrats, just reset your game and try again. This way you don't need to keep killing 12 normal Ochus to make the 13th oversoul as you'll constantly be fighting the 13th one.

Like I said, I'm guessing that many already know this but hopefully this might be read by someone trying the same or similar to what I'm doing.
#4Incertarum(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 9:26:41 AM
Two ribbons from 18 Flailing Ochus. I can live with those odds. ^_^
#5falconesquePosted 11/13/2012 8:22:16 AM
Yes, the trick is well known. Congrats on obtaining your ribbon accessories. :j

Me, I like Omega Weapon for ribbons, whether oversouled or not, though guaranteed when oversouled. The three stars items make a nice consolation prize, too. No reset needed, frequently spawns near by the final save sphere. (Heh, doubtless no surprise, I'm not a strict first-opportunity player.) Ultima Weapon works the same, bit more risk to landing CONGRATS! in time, but the defense bracers aren't too shabby either.
---
#6Incertarum(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 3:44:47 PM
falconesque posted...
......Congrats on obtaining your ribbon accessories. :j

Thank you kindly, Sir. You may now also congratulate me for screwing up my save file and having to start again. Sixty hours down the drain. -_-

Oh well, no biggie. I really like this game and the battle system is just awesome so it won't be a chore for me to do it. I've got nothing better to do. ^_^
#7falconesquePosted 11/14/2012 8:06:06 AM
Ouch, even so.
---