This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can I skip the change dressphere animation?

#11KakuzatouPosted 11/19/2012 12:25:36 PM
Back when I didn't change DS very much it was fun to keep the animations on. When I have to change 100+ times during a single boss battle, though, it just makes sense to save all that time and turn the animations off. Plus usually there's things I have to do in the menu during the DS change which would be impossible to do if the animations were on.
---
xXGOD HAND CARNIVAL COSTUME CREWXx
#12pure mind gamesPosted 11/19/2012 3:08:23 PM
something tells me if you're changing 100+ time in a single boss battle "you're doing it wrong"
---
Dishonored(Blind) Final Part
http://youtu.be/_A_MFwIEnWM
#13IncertarumPosted 11/19/2012 4:20:17 PM
pure mind games posted...
something tells me if you're changing 100+ time in a single boss battle "you're doing it wrong"

If the end result is that he wins the battle then he's not "doing it wrong" at all, he's just going about it the long way. He may also be messing around gaining AP using different DP's. In any case, whatever it is that you're doing, if you are being successful then it's not wrong.
#14KakuzatouPosted 11/19/2012 5:35:58 PM

It's a challenge run :)
---
#15gamermasterwizPosted 11/20/2012 3:11:40 AM
Why would anyone want to skip the Dressphere Change animation?

Well some people just want to focus more in the battle than the animations and stuff. I disabled mine's because sometimes when the battles are hard I make the most out of my Garment Grid's abilities by constantly changing to different Jobs around the grid so that I have access to powerful magic early in the game. Also, I like leveling up my dresspheres before finishing a chapter.

Obviously, I don't want to waste 2-3 hours just watching the same old battle animation again and again when I get into a random encounter. So I skip the animations.
---
Gen IV FC: 2536-3829-5092
Gen V FC: 0819-4243-0361
#16Ecclesiastes273Posted 11/20/2012 2:29:54 PM
Incertarum posted...

If the end result is that he wins the battle then he's not "doing it wrong" at all, he's just going about it the long way. He may also be messing around gaining AP using different DP's. In any case, whatever it is that you're doing, if you are being successful then it's not wrong.

something tells me if you're changing 100+ time in a single boss battle "you're doing it inefficiently by almost any measurable standard"

Does this take the semantic butthurt away? There's always a "it works, so it's good" fellow.
---
Seven. Point. Five.
#17KakuzatouPosted 11/20/2012 3:33:40 PM
Ecclesiastes273 posted...

something tells me if you're changing 100+ time in a single boss battle "you're doing it inefficiently by almost any measurable standard"

Does this take the semantic butthurt away? There's always a "it works, so it's good" fellow.

Like I said, it's for a challenge run, so changing DS often isn't only optimal, it's necessary. Not everyone plays the game the same way, ya know ^_~
---
#18Ecclesiastes273Posted 11/20/2012 7:31:15 PM
Kakuzatou posted...
Ecclesiastes273 posted...

Like I said, it's for a challenge run, so changing DS often isn't only optimal, it's necessary. Not everyone plays the game the same way, ya know ^_~

You're more than welcome to play a challenge run that requires 100 or 1,000 dressphere changes. You're more than welcome to dressphere change that many times for absolutely no reason at all. My post was for that other guy; no worries.
---
Seven. Point. Five.
#19Mr_SkullheadPosted 11/21/2012 12:30:24 AM
From: Ecclesiastes273 | Posted: 11/21/2012 7:59:54 AM | #016
Incertarum posted...

Its funny because Garment Grid gates give obnoxiously good boosts for most of the game, so turning animations off and abusing them is far more efficient than the alternative of long animations and absolutely no benefit.
If you want to oggle the fanservice sequences, more power to you, but don't try and pretend it is "efficient".
#20Ecclesiastes273Posted 11/21/2012 12:44:51 PM
What do you mean when you say +80 in a single stat is good? And why would anyone care about spellcasting being as fast as Gunplay?

I agree, btw.
---
Seven. Point. Five.