This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Total number of RS players?

#21DirtyHarold007(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2010 8:06:18 AM
Forgot to add that Jagex announced a mile stone in early 2007 that Runescape had broke 1 million subscribers. They did lose over 60,000 subscribers (at least) once they took out the wild and changed the trade system. It's been reported that they've lost a lot more since then

Jagex don't have 2 million subscribers. If they would have reached 2 million as someone has said in this topic. Runescape would have announced it. Like they did when they reached 1,000,000 back in 2007. They don't have 1,000,000 any more though. It's far less than that now a days. I think RS had their peak in 2007.
#22Million EyesPosted 10/1/2010 11:48:09 AM
I can't see how runescape can have 10 million "active" players. The definition of "active" in my view. Should be reserved for players who play for a minimum of 12 hours a week. Which isn't lot for on-line gaming.

You can have a pretty good guess on how many real "active" players that have by using the accurate numbers of players they have playing RS at peak and off peak times.

A couple of days ago. I saw they had around just 70,000 players on (0.7% of 10 Million. So it's impossible they have that many "active" players.)

They are never higher than 140,000 at any given time. Going by those figures. A decent guess of real "active" players would be about 2 million players. So 70,000 at a low peak (which I saw about 5 days go) would be just 3.5% of their total "active" population on at that time. Which is much more realistic number than a mear 0.7%, which is far, far to low at off peak times. At peak times RS gets around 125,000 players. Which would be just 6.25% of there whole member base on at prime times. These figures are much more realistic.

So my guess going by these figures are about 2,000,000 real active players. Who play RS a minimum of 12 hours a week. I'm probably being generous.

Your math is even more stupid than Chirpy's, which I didn't think was possible. Not to mention you start by setting up a definition of an "average" player was somebody who does 12 hours a week then try to estimate them solely by looking at peak and off-peak despite the obvious fact that overlap between anybody only playing 12 hours a week would be basically non-existent. Given that 2,000,000 actives is a massive low-ball, I'm guessing you're just trolling at this point.

Plus 12 hours is a completely arbitrary metric in the first place.

Forgot to add that Jagex announced a mile stone in early 2007 that Runescape had broke 1 million subscribers. They did lose over 60,000 subscribers (at least) once they took out the wild and changed the trade system. It's been reported that they've lost a lot more since then

Jagex don't have 2 million subscribers. If they would have reached 2 million as someone has said in this topic. Runescape would have announced it. Like they did when they reached 1,000,000 back in 2007. They don't have 1,000,000 any more though. It's far less than that now a days. I think RS had their peak in 2007.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you don't know that "subscribers" refers to paying members (which are a fraction of the total number)... And since then that number has INCREASED, not decreased. The average activity and peak hours are up.

Second, Jagex almost never announces anything and when it does the content is usually buried in its news archive. Runescape has never promoted itself and almost every player related number has instead come from their ad partners.

---
"We could set up a system where food was probably a lot cheaper than it is now if we just eliminated meat inspectors" - Obama
|)octor |)oom
#23CURBSTOMPPPosted 10/1/2010 1:22:30 PM

At any rate, you've posted your adventurelog so we all know that you're an addict or whatever. For one thing, you've played far over half the amount of time I have and yet you've been around RS for a third as many years. So you must play at least twice as much as me, although I'm not sure what you even do during that time because your overall exp is awful. You're basically bottom bracket for your ST every time on the overall and all of your skills are ranked really badly. Your overall exp is basically the same as Mach's and his ST is only 1200+

You've never posted yours and I'm guessing with your skills, when you've played, and your xp it's far beyond 360 days. I've yet to see some one with stats around mine with a lower adventure log time than me.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Chrollo_Lucifer
#24Million EyesPosted 10/1/2010 2:20:15 PM
I've yet to see some one with stats around mine with a lower adventure log time than me.

Because your overall exp sucks. Your playtime is probably fairly consistent with people in your low exp bracket.

Honestly, for your play-time you've done almost nothing to separate yourself from the pack. Mach, for instance, is one of the smartest players on this board because instead of wasting time with his ST (which is non-time sensitive) he went straight for a 200m. So while you're just milling around somewhere near the very end of the top 5k or 6k he's ranked top21 in a skill and did it in far less time than it took you to get your stuff together.

---
"We could set up a system where food was probably a lot cheaper than it is now if we just eliminated meat inspectors" - Obama
|)octor |)oom
#25Bokothechoco2Posted 10/1/2010 4:54:23 PM

Plus 12 hours is a completely arbitrary metric in the first place.

Aren't metrics supposed to be multiples of 10...?
---
`.,,.`.`. Chirpy13 .`.`.,,.
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4867/goodgirl.png
#26DirtyHarold007(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2010 4:14:03 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#27nfe0007Posted 10/2/2010 4:51:38 AM

First off I'll start by saying that I don't play Runescape so my posts have no biased in them at all.
12 hours a week isn't a average. 12 hours a week is the sum I would call an "active" player. You've also forgotten one huge point with that bs 10 million active player figure. That there will be many people who have more than 1 account. I'd bet that at least 25% of Runescape players have more than one account. Of course if they log into another account. These accounts will be deemed "active" but the player list wont increase or decrease because they can only login one account at a time. So if a player has 8 accounts and logs into each one once a month. That's 8 "active" accounts when in facts it's only 1 "active" player.
Runescape right now have just 83,000 players on and it's Saturday when kids who are Runescape biggest audience are home from school. That's 0.83% of their total membership (if they have 10 million active players) which is completely impossible. Million_Eyes must be one dumb retard to think a popular on-line game could actually achieve a figure of 0.83% at any given time (I've seen 70,000 on so 0.7%). If you look at the figures for WoW and Lineage 2. They have never hit 0.83% because it's impossible to get figures that low.
They don't have more than a million subscribers. Like I said before. Jagex announced a mile stone in Runescapes history. They made a public announcement that they broke 1 million subscribers in early 2007. It's a fact that Runescape ended up losing at least 60,000 which was reported, subscribers but it's pretty clear they ended up losing more than that. A bit of common sense needed Million_Eyes. Do you honestly think Jagex wouldn't have announced that they reached 2 million subscribers as they made a huge deal when they hit a million.
A friend of mine who plays runescape told me he has a screen shot back in mid 2007 where the "currently playing Runescape" screen reported that they had 225,000 players on. He told me Runescape was always around the 200,000 in 2007 (you would know this if you played Runescape in 2007). Now they can't even get more than 130,000. That's around a 50% drop from 2007. If you go by those figures which I know are facts. You can take off 50% of runescapes 1 million subscribers in 2007 to around 500,000 subscribers now. Though I'd bet Runescape have less than 500,000 subscribers now.
If you be generous and say that runescpae have 2 million active players. Prim time they get around 120,000 players. That's a whopping 6% of there whole 2 million membership base on at prime times. Which is much more realistic.
My figures are based on active players and not active accounts. Which are two completely different things.

Lol troll.

Someone else can feed.

Although i will say that for every person that logs in on 2+ accounts a month, there are 2+ people logging on one account a month (account sharing), so it balances out.
---
++++++===NFE!===++++++
I just fell from the Mothership.
#28nfe0007Posted 10/2/2010 5:04:21 AM
Also, why is Ith obsessed about total xp? Xp is easy to get. Fletching and cooking xp are easy to get, and add to total xp. Doing one skill repeatedly at the highest xp rates that come with having a high level in that skill is surely easier than leveling a variety of skills at slower xp rates. A level 3 starting out from scratch with a large enough source of money will find it much easier going from 0-200m fletching xp than 1-99 slayer. Yet apparently the 200m fletching xp is worth more?
---
++++++===NFE!===++++++
I just fell from the Mothership.
#29Million EyesPosted 10/2/2010 7:56:43 AM
First off I'll start by saying that I don't play Runescape so my posts have no biased in them at all.

Although I'm not sure if I stopped reading where you revealed you knew nothing about Runescape or where you demonstrated a profound misunderstanding of the English language ("have no biased"? Seriously?), but the important thing is the realization that you have neither the intellectual capacity nor the knowledge to make a logical, well-thought argument. Whether or not you're actually trolling or if you think your terrible assumptions are actually correct is irrelevant, as you can't be taken seriously either way.

---
|)octor |)oom
#30CURBSTOMPPPosted 10/2/2010 8:27:41 AM

Honestly, for your play-time you've done almost nothing to separate yourself from the pack. Mach, for instance, is one of the smartest players on this board because instead of wasting time with his ST (which is non-time sensitive) he went straight for a 200m. So while you're just milling around somewhere near the very end of the top 5k or 6k he's ranked top21 in a skill and did it in far less time than it took you to get your stuff together.

I go for 99s, not ranks or overall xp, I don't care about getting e-fame and getting to the top21 on the highscores, sorry.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Chrollo_Lucifer