This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2007scape

#61zack12369Posted 2/19/2013 6:35:26 AM
While you kiddies fight, i have a few months to plan what type of person i want to make. And just be happy they're giving us a 2007 server.
---
gt : z a c k t k.
<insert witty sig here>
#62axl_absolvedPosted 2/19/2013 4:54:11 PM
So the vote is rigged, but... what's the point of the vote in the first place?
If it's supposed to gauge how the populous feels about 2007scape, there should be more voting options than "yes plz", right? This is seriously the worst survey ever, even by Jagex standards.
If it's supposed to get people to sub so they can vote, that's stupid <_< What is Jagex going to do with 1 month of slightly better members revenue?

I guess it's probably just to build hype for the 2007scape and the main game. I guess I can't blame a company for marketing their product, but I really don't see this going well for them.
#63ohkhahrrrPosted 2/19/2013 8:21:20 PM
I really hope this ends up happening..
---
Dood...
#64ZeusPosted 2/19/2013 8:24:45 PM
So the vote is rigged, but... what's the point of the vote in the first place?
If it's supposed to gauge how the populous feels about 2007scape, there should be more voting options than "yes plz", right? This is seriously the worst survey ever, even by Jagex standards.
If it's supposed to get people to sub so they can vote, that's stupid <_< What is Jagex going to do with 1 month of slightly better members revenue?

I guess it's probably just to build hype for the 2007scape and the main game. I guess I can't blame a company for marketing their product, but I really don't see this going well for them.

Probably to encourage subs for the main game (since it's needed to vote) while shoe-horning in a version of the game which requires a separate fee.
---
(\/)(\/)|-|
#65axl_absolvedPosted 2/19/2013 10:33:09 PM
Yeah, but Runescape always worked under the "at least it's cheaper than those other bad MMOs.. right?" business model. I don't think EOCscape and 2007scape combined can compete with other similarly priced games out there. 2007scape dies unless it hits the 500k vote goal, imo.
#66ZeusPosted 2/20/2013 12:16:47 AM
In the long run, it's probably not a sustainable model as an incremental. However, they'll make some amount of money from it before either adjusting the program to either a free add-on for existing p2p (or with adverts), a separate service, or discontinue it entirely. Or they could just lower the additional service cost.
---
(\/)(\/)|-|
#67NixemoPosted 2/20/2013 12:31:31 PM
Zeus posted...
You arrived at this number by what, just manually checking the hs? At any rate, some of the lower skill totals could be paying bots owned by RWTers. However, if there are under 750k active paying members atm, then the whole poll is rigged. Were they expecting people to start paying for p2p to drive up the numbers?

Yes. They said anyone who votes will get a month of RS 2007 for free, regardless of if it's 15 or 5 bucks. So since it seems like they're gonna make you pay for both, signing up a membership for the current RS makes sense to save money if you wanna play RS 2007.
---
Visit my gaming site: www.thegameasylum.com
AC: City Folk - Name: Alex - City: Viridian - Friend Code: 0173-8160-2616
#68iLIFTnudePosted 2/20/2013 1:45:44 PM
2007scape goes live this friday!!!!!

check the frontpage FAQ on the runescape site
---
When life gives you lemons, just say **** the lemons and bail.
#69_FireBird_Posted 2/20/2013 2:11:18 PM
Yessss can't wait
---
Would Draco Malfoy have voted for McCain or Obama?
Well I'm pretty sure one of them is a dark wizard.- ellenwwodguy6
#70GetOutDaWayPosted 2/23/2013 1:20:50 PM
After putting an end runescape 06', This is just a desperate attempt to cash in on any old school fan loyalty.
---
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa252/ZetaMKIII/Owned.jpg