Final Stage Strategies

#1Logan400Posted 9/28/2012 6:30:22 AM
Hello,
I have tried and failed several times now at completing Stage 8 in this game. Can someone give me some general strategy and suggestions on how to win? I have completed the previous 7 maps, so it's obvious I'm doing something right, but I just can't get this last map completed.
Little help please?
---
*Logan*
#2simple_b0bPosted 10/7/2012 5:03:12 AM
this is just a nudge to keep this topic alive, i've completed this game, and i'll jump out to level eight and complete it to get some refresher information for you. i found that most of the maps require some luck to win. the overall strategy is to try to get shops near the bank so you can use the lower pencil movement to pinpoint locations for expanding to level 4 ASAP, do not try to build big shops on the busiest street, if you can it is profitable, but usually the busy street always fragments where the outskirts can sustain size. my immediate advice is to put low cost shops in busy region, and high cost shops on the outside.
---
Everyone should have a basic understanding of calculus, even if they're going to be an artist.
#3simple_b0bPosted 10/8/2012 4:40:46 AM
ok, i just played stage eight, and it's not the last stage, there are ten stages. anyways, i remember now...it is better to not be the lead player, or even second, this way the ai does not target you with their point exchanges. to show that i was not very lucky, most of the game; red had a level 4(sports shop), yellow had a level 4(aesthetics julia), and for about the last 1/3 of the time played, green had a level 4(movie theatre), right at the end(around the last 8 turns played) i finally achieved a level 4 fruit market. i was close to a level 4 fancy dress(1+2 level), but being in the lead at the time, one of the ai's closed the level 2 shop, :( also by being behind, if you can manage, you get more points for buying goods from other players. the best bank prize is double money (this is a reference to doubling the amount you would get when passing the bank), therefore if you are lucky, do not return to the bank for as long as possible to further increase the doubling. i ended up doing two double money passes and on the final pass by the bank i took 1/2 money from the player with 10k funds, giving me 5k and giving me a total of 30k assets. but as i said in the previous post, i still believe luck plays a large role in this game in the later stages. total time on the stage, 9 year 7 month. so something like 90 turns played.
---
Everyone should have a basic understanding of calculus, even if they're going to be an artist.