Custom colors?

#1AmazakPosted 6/20/2008 12:04:37 PM
What version of MvC2 allows you to customize the colors of your characters like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwmXwt56cgI
---
*Hulk Hogan hits the Leg Drop*
Mike Adamle: "What a Jumping Leg Crush by Terry the Hulk!"
#2Voice_of_onePosted 6/20/2008 12:41:38 PM
I know you can change the colors for the PS2 and DC versions of the game. I am not sure about the X-Box version, although I would be surprised if it were not possible.

I have made 20 custom color and custom music MvC2 mixes for DC. If you need any advice/help with editing colors or music for Marvel just let me know and I would be glad to help. In my first custom color MvC2 I even had it button coordinated for the top 4 and Strider, Doom, CapCom, Psylocke, Tron, Iron Man, Cyclops, War Machine, Spiral, and a few others.

If you want to see some of the colors I have made, check my youtube:

www.youtube.com/bretth123 (go to see all videos (it is in the newer ones)--> right under my top 9)

As far as color editing goes it is not too difficult to make average looking colors. It is easy to learn but highly difficult to master. As it is I only know of a handful of people who have mastered or near-mastered the color editing system.

---
"Like having to send a ninja to help a mother's kid do their homework by giving them a dictionary"- Cricket
#3Amazak(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2008 1:47:39 PM
Funny. I have the DC version of the game, and I remember beating it to death back in the day, but I don't remember a feature that allows custom colors and tracks. The CvS series I remember custom colors, but not MvC2.
---
#4Amazak(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2008 2:51:42 PM
Wait...

I found the site that talks about editing and customizing. Problem is, one of the programs needed doesn't seem to be available anymore.
---
#5mvc2mvpPosted 6/20/2008 3:34:19 PM
hey spidey id like to kno how to customize colors....any advice?
---
My other signature is on layaway
#6Voice_of_onePosted 6/21/2008 2:13:31 AM
Yeah you have to rip the files from the game and then modify them using a series of programs. All of the programs are still available. They may not be easily found online, but I can assist you in obtaining them.

Do you have AIM? (my screename is Ourladypeace113)

mvc2mvp- I checked the site I usually go to (where I first found out about color editing) and the files are not up right now. That may be where Amazak went as well. I have a way to get all the necessary files, and I can also help you out over AIM. Just send me a message at the above screename.

hope this helps.

---
"Like having to send a ninja to help a mother's kid do their homework by giving them a dictionary"- Cricket
#7Voice_of_onePosted 6/29/2008 2:39:26 PM
Do you still need the progs , Amazak?

---
#8zachdmsPosted 7/3/2008 2:37:46 PM
Naw, ComboMasher fixed the links on that site so the guide should be fine now. If not, let me know and I'll get it fixed up quickly.
---
Random Marvel videos: http://zachd.com/mvc2
Preppy: XBL gamertag 'zachdms'
#9Voice_of_onePosted 7/3/2008 5:39:01 PM
Good Stuff, Zach.

Preppy always comes through in the clutch

---
#10gutaboPosted 7/10/2008 4:26:41 PM
*lurk lurk lurk*

Do a how-to vid, brett!

*lurk lurk lurk*

---
http://gamefaqs.servebeer.com/
Official MvC2CUPC Member #7. Official GGXX Venom Club Member Code "Red Hail". PWAB RiskRating-S+