This game is interesting

#1SeroguehPosted 4/18/2012 12:33:45 PM
I was very interested to try this game out and I'm glad I did do so eventually. The first time playing it was really creepy and it kept me on my toes, but I was kinda disappointed that Bobby only chased me maybe three times in the game. (The last chase was in the clock tower and he died immediately, I got the C ending on my first playthrough. Oh, and Dan also.) After the first playthrough the creepiness just wears off :( It's sad. I wanted it to last longer... Well, I'll have to see if I can manage to get all the endings.
---
That guy is a maniac! Why'd he bite me?!
#2undeadeathPosted 4/19/2012 5:52:02 PM
Really? I guess you got lucky with your playthrough or something because he stalked me relentlessly and seemed to pop up everywhere. That game freaked the hell out of me and I've yet to replay it again because it freaked me so bad when I played it. Nevertheless, I should give it a go again because it was a lot of fun.
---
"Life is precious, Janos discovered - as it was torn throbbing and bleeding from his own body." from Legacy of Kain
#3Serogueh(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2012 12:33:43 AM
undeadeath posted...
Really? I guess you got lucky with your playthrough or something because he stalked me relentlessly and seemed to pop up everywhere. That game freaked the hell out of me and I've yet to replay it again because it freaked me so bad when I played it. Nevertheless, I should give it a go again because it was a lot of fun.

Really? You see, that's what I kinda was expecting from this game because I tried it after watching a video about it. It was 16-bit gems, you should check it out if you have some spare time and interest in some 16-bit gems heh. In that video the reviewer said that Bobby can pop up anywhere and randomly. But he only appeared twice in my playthrough. One time was in the beginning when Bobby impaled Ann and fell through the ceiling window and the second time was in the music room. I'm not counting the final chase because I couldn't control Jennifer and it happened in the clock tower.

I do agree, however, that I was freaked out during those chase scenes. I played it in the middle of the night with my girlfriend. I suppose some of the terror came from my girlfriend screaming next to me, and that's why I jumped a few times also. Nevertheless, the chase scenes were truly frightening.. on the first playthrough that is. Maybe I'll just replay the game in the future and hope it still has the same creepy atmosphere and scaring scenes.
---
That guy is a maniac! Why'd he bite me?!
#4devilishdementoPosted 4/21/2012 12:28:56 PM
I must say, I've played this game well over ten times and not once has Bobby just randomly started chasing me at an unscripted moment (like when I'm walking down a corridor or just standing still) so I don't think that's true. It's true in Clock Tower PSX though.

Here, I'll give you a list of the places Bobby can appear from. SPOILERS THOUGH SO IF YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED DON'T READ IT!

*SPOILERS* *SPOILERS* *SPOILERS*

1) Finding Laura in the bathtub, Ann smashing through the stained glass window, Ann falling into the outside pool (so any of his scripted first entrances)
2) If you don't trap the parrot, it will call Bobby and he will chase you
3) Whilst he's chasing you, if you try hiding up the ladder in the garage with the car in it, he will walk out of the room - but then crash through the ceiling next to you and resume chase
4) In the room with all the mannequins in ball gowns, he can come out from underneath one of the gowns
5) In the music room, he is sometimes hiding behind the curtain in place of the sceptre
6) Also in the music room, if you play the piano he will come crashing down from the ceiling
7) Again in the music room, a ceiling tile will sometimes randomly fall down and Bobby will occasionally peek his head out of the ceiling. He will not chase you though. (As a note, if he does this it means that the sceptre is definitely behind the curtain!)
8) In the library, if you examine the books on the back bookcase he will come crawling out from the bottom shelf
9) In the spare bathroom (not the one that you can find Laura dead in, but the other one), he will sometimes pop out of the basket at the back (although sometimes merely a cat will jump out - there's a 50-50 chance)
10) In the room where you have to break down the wall to find Jennifer's dead father, time is of the essence entering and exiting, because Bobby can jump out of a box on the right-hand wall at any time.
11) In many of the endings he will chase you.

There are possibly more that I've forgotten, but these are the ones I can remember. However, it is possible to go through the game and have him chase you just the two times - his first entrance and the ending.