A couple questions on battle mechanics

#1HapaSurfaPosted 7/22/2012 4:47:46 PM
I'm not sure if anyone has figured this out, but I was wondering how turn order works. I know agility has an effect on it, but it is not as simple as "the character with the highest agility goes first." My theory is that the formula is something like this:
Who goes next = Agility + Rand_Int; // The one with the highest sum goes next.
The range of the random integer is something I'm not sure of. Also, I know group monsters are treated like separate enemies, as they don't all attack one after another. This means that there must be some random number added to their agility since the group monsters all have the same agility.

Another question is how enemies choose a target. I noticed on let's play videos that people put the characters with the highest defense in the first slot. It seems that most people believe that the majority of all attacks are targeted in the higher slots (Similar to FFI, where the first slot receives 50% of all attacks, second receives 25%, and the third and fourth each receive 12.5%). However, in my experience, it seems that all characters have the same chance of getting targeted. So I would like to know if anyone has an idea on this.
-Thanks