POLL: Favorite World?

#1zoogelioPosted 10/18/2012 7:51:18 AM
What is your favorite world? - Results (15 votes)
World of Continent (medieval motif. 3 castles with feuding kings)
13.33% (2 votes)
World of Ocean (islands covered in palms & pines, an underwater castle, a disguised ship)
6.67% (1 votes)
World of Sky (up in the clouds, a flying castle, a rebellion)
33.33% (5 votes)
World of Ruins (dystopian ruins, apocalyptic wasteland with a persistent Fiend, subways filled with monsters)
40% (6 votes)
None of the above. Actually, I like the Tower the most
6.67% (1 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I know the odds of this poll getting more than a dozen responses is negligible but I decided to try anyway. Check FFL2, FFL3, FFA for more polls.
#2GhostofStarmanPosted 10/19/2012 1:55:11 AM
1 Sky
2 Continent
3 Ocean
4 Ruins

Sky is clearly the best, Continent and Ocean are interchangeable, and Ruins is my least favorite.
---
"They want to play music with us, let's play. Drums."
- Davos Seaworth
#3DamageIncPosted 10/19/2012 4:57:49 AM
For me it's a toss-up between Ruins and the tower itself. It's cliche now, but I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic settings, especially when there are abandoned subways. I love subways :) (That part in Secret of Mana where you ride the subway makes my inner-child fist pump every time.)

The tower itself is awesome for the sheer variance and weirdness of the scenarios you encounter. Those people condemned to wallowing in that black swamp w/ gargoyles? The two mini-worlds connected by that drain? That one place where everyone is super busy -- what the hell could they be busy doing?! So creepy and awesome :)
---
OMG YOU CAN UNEQUIP ITEMS
FRABJOUS DAY
#4misterbumPosted 10/20/2012 11:23:08 AM
Go Sky.
---
You became the boss. You are great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jA7nRwQp_E
#5_KazPosted 10/21/2012 10:38:14 AM
I'm with DamageInc. Pretty sure I had the same opinion way back when too.

DamageInc posted...
The tower itself is awesome for the sheer variance and weirdness of the scenarios you encounter. Those people condemned to wallowing in that black swamp w/ gargoyles?

No to mention those that worship Ashura, Ashura's corporate HQ, the old man with the magical sword, and that horribly sad fallout shelter.
---
Fighter: "Mr Pibb", "Dr Pepper".. I'm onto you..
Kaz Fact: Welcome to Version 2.0!
#6BareknuckleRooPosted 10/21/2012 9:49:34 PM
Ashura's corporate HQ

? You mean the library? I guess it's been a while since I've played, can't quite remember what you're referring to.

horribly sad fallout shelter.

Yeah, suddenly seeing the corpses of people who'd been making the trip up the tower before you is a bit of a shock.
#7DamageIncPosted 10/22/2012 4:01:15 AM
BareknuckleRoo posted...
Ashura's corporate HQ

? You mean the library? I guess it's been a while since I've played, can't quite remember what you're referring to.

I think he's talking about the same place I was talking about above, the place where everyone is super busy. I think it's laid out as two vertical conveyors/escalators in a small room.
---
OMG YOU CAN UNEQUIP ITEMS
FRABJOUS DAY
#8_KazPosted 10/26/2012 10:15:45 PM
DamageInc posted...
I think he's talking about the same place I was talking about above, the place where everyone is super busy. I think it's laid out as two vertical conveyors/escalators in a small room.

Oh yeah, that's right. They were super busy with ... something.

But the Library was in the 4th World (Apocalypse) and only in the fan-translated games. (The US release had the clues "Ashura.. is... controlled... by...")

As for the fallout shelter, what made is sad was that these weren't just people who climbed the tower before you (corpses of them no less), but these were just kids who died of starvation and their big sibling sacrificed themselves by dying first and all alone in the basement clutching a nuke bomb.
---
Fighter: "Mr Pibb", "Dr Pepper".. I'm onto you..
Kaz Fact: Welcome to Version 2.0!
#9zoogelio(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 10:00:16 AM
Obligatory bump to keep the poll open.