Power Armor Question

#1MetaDeDeDePosted 3/15/2013 3:42:30 AM
Right Now i am doing a solo run with a human and i am planning on using the power armor this this. How high can i raise my human's strength and agility and still be able to equip it. Also it is gender locked?
---
I love and believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it
Official Wario of the New Super Mario Bros. U Board
#2BareknuckleRooPosted 3/15/2013 4:19:56 PM(edited)
If you accidentally raise your stats so high via potions that equipping the Power Suit wraps them back down to single digits or low double digits, you can always just keep on drinking potions, presumably. I've done a Solo Human and Solo Mutant and it's never happened to me. There's no equipment in the game (or in FFL2 or FFL3) that's gender restricted (although Humans in FFL1 obviously can't use Magic and only Robots in FFL2 get any benefit from equipping a Selfix).

More importantly, the Power Suit sucks in FFL1. Seriously, you should be using So-Cho's Headband (BAND) if you want maximum protection.

In FFL2, the Power Suit is really, really handy for Mutants to have or even Humans as it gives you all resistances in the game except Lightning and gives you massive amounts of Def as well as Str and Agi boosts. Being vulnerable to only electricity is well worth it (especially since an NPC later on shows up who can give you O-All in each random fight anyways).

In FFL1, the Power Suit provides no elemental resistances as far as I'm aware, and you get more defense total plus all elemental resistances if you equip the best set in the game: Band (So-Cho's Headband), Ninja Gloves, Arthur Armour and the Nameless Shoes (they boost Mana, best footwear def). If you're playing a solo Mutant, you're actually better off equipping So-Cho's Band because it gives massive defense as well as all resistances in the game. It's basically like the Ribbon in the standard Final Fantasy games (or in FFL3 where Ribbons show up again), except there's only one in the entire game to be found. 70 Def isn't worth going without elemental resistances when lots of enemies chuck instant death, petrification and damage spells at you in the endgame (and extra defense doesn't help protect against the final boss's attacks).

For a solo Mutant, the Band alone's 25 def may leave you a bit frail physically, but Mutants gain Def naturally without too much trouble, and you can equip body armor on that as well if you need for extra physical def while still leaving two slots free for spells.
#3DragonAtmaPosted 3/16/2013 12:01:12 AM(edited)
Indeed; the power armor's main benefit is that it uses one space instead of three or four. Humans have eight spaces, though, so that's not really an issue.

If a mutant gets oAll or oChange, then they (hampered by having only four item slots) can benefit greatly from the power suit. Otherwise, they should skip it as well.

Also it's been a while, so I don't know if they even get oAll or oChange...
---
Nagas on a plane! ^_^
#4BareknuckleRooPosted 3/16/2013 10:56:09 AM
I've never seen it happen, but even if they could get O-All, you'd have to save constantly and reload any time you lost O-All, because of how it's impossible to reliably preserve beneficial Mutant abilities in FFL1.
#5_KazPosted 3/20/2013 1:51:59 PM
BareknuckleRoo posted...
For a solo Mutant, the Band alone's 25 def may leave you a bit frail physically, but Mutants gain Def naturally without too much trouble, and you can equip body armor on that as well if you need for extra physical def while still leaving two slots free for spells.

And then there are the random mutant skills like ESP (which increases dodge?) and Armor (which turns you into a stone wall).
---
Fighter: "Mr Pibb", "Dr Pepper".. I'm onto you..
Kaz Fact: Welcome to Version 2.0!
#6DragonAtmaPosted 3/20/2013 2:14:28 PM
IIRC ESP only works on the turn you use it.

Armor indeed raises defense by 99; it has only three uses, though, and does nothing against status attacks.
---
Nagas on a plane! ^_^
#7BareknuckleRooPosted 3/21/2013 1:08:53 AM
DragonAtma posted...
IIRC ESP only works on the turn you use it.

Yeah, ESP basically just functions as a shield for the mutant that uses it for that turn only, hence why attacks miss.

Armor indeed raises defense by 99; it has only three uses, though, and does nothing against status attacks.

And the only boss in the game who really merits its use is Ashura, as it's pretty handy if you happen to get it before him. But even then, you need to actually survive long enough to use it...
More topics from this board...
My Intro to RPGsSpeedyLF11412/10 4:59PM