Oddity of the Mirror spell

#1usernameherePosted 9/5/2013 11:34:06 AM
I'm not sure of it's a glitch or something.

When I use the Mirror spell and strike with a melee weapon (I've been using the Rapier so far, not sure about other weapons), my damage skyrockets!

I've been fighting the Bandit King and my Mutant was landing upwards of 50 damage after I cast Mirror!
---
"Do you see my ship? Does it look OK to you??" -Falco
#2DragonAtmaPosted 9/5/2013 12:31:58 PM
Yeah, I've noticed that too.

It doesn't match the Power skill, though.
---
Nagas on a plane! ^_^
#3usernamehere(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 1:25:09 PM
True. Although I have yet to learn that spell.
---
#4ZenicReveriePosted 9/5/2013 10:05:32 PM
Don't worry, if you use Mirror enough it'll probably go away.

My understanding is Mirror increases your agility, so since rapier is an agility based weapon it makes sense that your damage potential increased.

I just beat this game, and read up on the mechanics afterwards, so I could definitely be wrong. Good luck on your playthrough.
---
RPGConquest --- http://allconsolerpgs.blogspot.com/
All console RPGs from end to end
#5DragonAtmaPosted 9/6/2013 1:13:38 AM
I'm sure it'll also affect strength-based damage. Maybe even magic-based damage.

Presumably, the programmers accidentally boosted the wrong stat; it's not like when they accidentally used the wrong Str comparison for the saw! XD
---
Nagas on a plane! ^_^
#6usernamehere(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 2:12:15 AM
From what I've learned of this game, it feels like the programmers were in a hurry to churn this game out. Lots of loose ends and undocumented gameplay elements (like equipment stats).

Not to mention the fact that starting with a female character nets you some major cash.
---
More topics from this board...
My Intro to RPGsSpeedyLF11412/10 4:59PM