Kinda feel bad for Rune (SPOILERS)

#1dp8039Posted 2/10/2013 4:04:59 AM
I just completed the game for the second time and after every RPG, I always kinda feel sad when it ends. The team is broken up and everyone just goes back from where they came from to never see each other again (especially in Kyra and Raja's case here). But, for Rune especially. He's my favorite character and everyone else is going back to their families or (with Demi and Wren and with Rika and Chaz) they have each other. Rune just walks away. I understand in the game's narrative, this might not hold exactly true for Rune, but imagine having the adventure of a lifetime and as soon as its done, you're on your own.

Also, I forgot how easy the final boss is. After a couple Dark Force bosses and Lashiec, I was prepared for an epic final showdown, but the end boss was cake (and all my characters were in between levels 44 and 40). I had Raja as my 5th, which I guess made it a lot easier. But still, it was a bit of a letdown.
#2AmenonuhokoPosted 2/11/2013 7:32:43 AM(edited)
dp8039 posted...
Rune just walks away. I understand in the game's narrative, this might not hold exactly true for Rune, but imagine having the adventure of a lifetime and as soon as its done, you're on your own.

It's just a path of the Wizard kind of thing. A wizard always walks alone.
I mean they hinted about Rune and Alys having a thing(I've always thought so) but in the end he'll always be alone as a sort of guardian over Algol
It is sad but think of it this way: In a way, he's over 2000 years old. He'll just keep returning to the telepathy ball and be awoken to merge with each new chosen one. He'll have to say goodbye to everybody he gets close to. It's probably just his way of dealing.
---
Winners don't lose drugs.
CO, WA...We'll kill marijuana prohibition one state at a time if we must.
#3The Masked MagePosted 2/18/2013 9:33:12 PM
Dude is just that BAMF. I don't see why he wouldn't pop in from time to time. He's the only one who can just teleport from planet to planet.
---
Laissez les bons temps rouler.
#4SatoruMasamunePosted 2/18/2013 10:14:15 PM
Having Raja as your 5th is total Easy Mode. If you want a tougher final boss, try Kyra or Hahn, or even Demi as 5th. Gryz as 5th is Hard Mode.
---
"These words don't come easily to me for some reason, but I'm inclined to agree with the ninja's advice." ~ Joe
#5runewalshPSivPosted 2/19/2013 11:47:18 AM
Walking alone is hard sometimes.
---
Storm Legion | Dungeon Administrator
#6The Masked MagePosted 2/19/2013 9:07:55 PM
I always roll Hahn as my fifth. Raja needs to stay back and write more comedy material.
---
Laissez les bons temps rouler.
#7runewalshPSivPosted 2/19/2013 9:09:23 PM
I usually go with raja. Nasar and ataraxia make profound darkness a joke.
---
Storm Legion | Dungeon Administrator
#8SatoruMasamunePosted 2/20/2013 8:42:50 PM
I find Kyra to be a good medium choice. Raja makes it impossible to die due to his godly healing, and Hahn adds a ton of attacking options, which means you kill PD even faster. Kyra is a good balance between attack, defense, healing, and even combos.
---
"These words don't come easily to me for some reason, but I'm inclined to agree with the ninja's advice." ~ Joe
#9Elrick75Posted 2/20/2013 10:36:54 PM
Back in the day I found Raja to be a hindrance more than anything. I used to get to pd at super low levels and use a cane on him before I knew about double shield and he would get 1 shotted constantly. I was low enough level that Gryz and Demi were actually my best choices because they could live through the burst and work with Wren to bring all my other people back.
---
My top 10: Phantasy Star IV, Shining Force II, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Tactics, Monster Rancher, FFVI, Tactics Ogre:LUCT, Breath of Fire II, AvP2, LoZ:OoT
#10KarsUltimatePosted 2/28/2013 9:13:14 PM
He probably visits Alys's grave regularly, as does Chaz. I just cannot see him leaving Chaz alone, since he is the protégé of Alys and all. (He should be able to jump between planets too, knowing Ryuka.)

The Masked Mage posted...
I always roll Hahn as my fifth. Raja needs to stay back and write more comedy material.

Furthermore it's only fair as Hahn never got involved with taking down a major boss.

If I had a complaint, it mostly involves him (and Raja) not really getting a chance to shine in their own right. (In Raja's case he hardly gets any uses of Miracle or Saint Fire early on.)