Land effects?

#11FSPosted 2/15/2011 5:44:22 PM
Despite the million times I've played through this game, I never got around to figuring out what these are and what they do.

Anyone know?
---
Not as annoying as it is watching that useless whore preen about in the shirt I love every weekend - number10
#2CeebsPosted 2/15/2011 7:16:25 PM
They either affect movement range or damage done by weapons and spells, I think. There's my imprecise answer... :s
---
ヤッター!
#3ehow22Posted 2/18/2011 5:32:01 AM
They don't affect spells but the rest is right.
---
My top 3 games: 1.Shining Force 2. Shining Force II 3. Shining Force CD
#4Egxamer1Posted 2/22/2011 6:31:19 PM
first off some classes have loaded movement tables and certain terrain tiles ex: desert have loaded terrain effects.

ex: centaurs treat all 'grassland' type of tiles as zero land effect meaning if your paladin is surrounded by 7 squares of grass in all directions you'll see quite the movement range. dwarves treat hills/desert as 15% and wolfbarons treat forests as centaurs treat grasslands, etc etc.

ugly math version basically reads iirc: take your base move and begin subtracting the % of the adjacent tile follow by the next tile in a outward manner and once the percentages become too great ( over 50%) for your movement (+class considerations & terrain features) you become stopped in that particular direction.

to sum up quickly: what determines a character's movement is:
base move score
surrounding terrain in a opening circle
character's class
impassable objects(enemies,mountains,story battle items, etc)

This was all listed over a decade ago in a guide or a thread that had tables showing all classes vs all terrains and the math was presented well. . . doubt i could locate it though it was pre merger lol
---
Why in the hell is it so wrong for people to just speak correctly? Don't be so ****ing ignorant. -VeiledGenesis