Thoughts on taking all of Creed's Mansion to EndGame

#1IlovemonsterPosted 2/25/2009 12:25:16 PM
I was thinking of going back to Parmecia and grabbing the other three (I just started over, so I haven't even picked my first choice yet) and via Power Leveling in the Elven Forest, catch them up to speed with the rest of my party. I'd make a conscious effort to not break Karna and this way I can have both Sarah and Karna as MMNK.

This opens up the playing field to other things as well, but ideally, if you were taking all four, how would you promote them?

I was thinking of taking Kazin as SORC and leaving Tyrin as WIZ to have ultimate flexibility. I was originally thinking of taking Chester as PGNT because I love the huge amounts of HP he gets but am now thinking of giving it to Eric and taking Chester as a PLDN. If I took Randolf as BRN, I'd likely kick Jaha off, which will be strange personally because every playthrough I've had Jaha's always been in Endgame.

So, final party would look like this:

Bowie
Sarah (MMNK)
Chester (PLDN)
Kazin (SORC)
Slade
Gerhalt
May
Elric (Not sure what to promote here, recently fell in love with the Elves, need advice)
Eric (PGNT)
Karna (MMNK)
Randolf (BRN)
Tyrin (WIZ)

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns? Help?
Much appreciated.
---
Despite everything, I believe people have the best intentions at heart - Anne Frank before getting lead off to Auschwitz
#2MaxKnightPosted 2/25/2009 1:25:36 PM
With two Vigor Balls, you have no reason not to promote both Sarah and Karna to Master Monk.

Rick makes the best Pegasus Knight, followed by Eric. Chester makes the worst Pegasus Knight, as he loses a potential 5 points of defense that he will only gain as a Paladin, which he sorely needs.

I've gone over Tyrin vs. Kazin in another thread, but let me state again: Tyrin makes a better Sorcerer, as he learns all of the Sorcerer Spells before any of the other potential Sorcerers in the game.

Since Jaha honestly makes a better Gladiator, make Randolf a Baron for sure. As he tends to have higher Attack than Jaha, the extra point of movement and access to swords helps him more than anybody else.

That's basically all there is to it. Karna and Tyrin makes excellent choices to wait until later, since they can catch up fastest out of everybody. Eric is next past them, as he can use spears, which should help him stay better protected.

For that reason, I suggest Randolf, as he is the most difficult to keep and level appropriately later in the game.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/maxknight1010101
#3Ilovemonster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2009 4:36:29 PM
I've looked over your Tyrin vs Kazin thread and while it's nice that Tyrin learns it faster, I can't justify keeping two spells on Kazin I'd likely never use, while the other two only show their potential in minimal instances.

And I know of Rick's stat gains, I try to avoid him as he seems to be the go to guy.

The rest of the advice is solid though, thank you very much :)
---
Despite everything, I believe people have the best intentions at heart - Anne Frank before getting lead off to Auschwitz
#4BlitzAce8022Posted 2/25/2009 8:40:05 PM
Just curious...no Phoenix in your dream team?
#5vegafooPosted 2/25/2009 8:44:56 PM
Yeah, where the devil is Peter??

You should drop mega lame Chester and get Peter back on the team. He's one of the best (if not THE best) characters in the game.
---
PSN: vegafoo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlP_UK6LEFc
#6KamilPosted 2/26/2009 8:05:33 PM
I just want to say that Rick kicks ass in this game! He is a defensive beast! Randolf is also ferocious in his attacks!
---
In fact, ideally you should own them both because real gamers can kick ass at both Galaga and Resistance." ~The Classic Game Room~
#7KamilPosted 2/26/2009 8:06:42 PM
Oh yeah and about Peter last times I've been playing, I took Peter out of my party because he made the game too easy. But yeah Peter basically can swarm the map himself quite well.
---
In fact, ideally you should own them both because real gamers can kick ass at both Galaga and Resistance." ~The Classic Game Room~
#8lastjusticePosted 3/2/2009 12:51:00 AM
"I've looked over your Tyrin vs Kazin thread and while it's nice that Tyrin learns it faster, I can't justify keeping two spells on Kazin I'd likely never use, while the other two only show their potential in minimal instances"

Yeah how i feel, as Kazin has more than enough time get all his spells, and the lvl difference isnt huge enough dub tyrin the best outside of simply gettinga few spells sooner. Honestly stating that way is extremely misleading as Max's defination is splitting hairs over kazin as a sorc. While Kazin as a sorc is day and night difference. Tyrins wizard spell book is superior to kazin is every way. Unless your whole angle is you re trying do lowest possible lvls to beat the game, I see no reason you d wanna do it Kazin wiz, and tyrin sorc.

Which I dont see the attraction in trying low ball the game way so many people on the boards talk. They dont wanna to be too powerful so its challenging, but then they min-max what characters get the spells earliest which makes the game easier anyways. (shrugs) that doesnt make much sense heh. If anything you d wanna use what was a less powerful team if whole goal is to not make it too easy.

I personally like set my team up for the optimal long haul. Whether I level up my team to the proper cap or not, I still enjoy having the chance do everything right. Even if I ultimately go thru the game at a lower lvl, I leave my guys in a good position if I decide make up the lvls later. Which taking kazin as a wiz, and tyrin as a sorc isnt the optimal set up.

---
Never made it as a wise man, couldnt cut it as a poor man stealing. -Nickelback
#9MaxKnightPosted 3/2/2009 2:02:49 AM
An argument could be that you substitute a better character at a lower level, then a mediocre character at a higher level. Tyrin certainly qualifies as the former, and Kazin certainly qualifies as the latter...

Of course that's assuming you take Kazin as a regular party member, anyways. >_>

Promoting Kazin to SORC loses himself about 50 points of agility in the long run, as WIZ Kazin has the highest agility gain of any character, period. Those agility points equates to better possibilities of double-turning, though it's still a rare occurrence for your own character to do so.

Of course, as of yet, nobody has truly cracked what agility does in Shining Force games. It's barely linked to turn order, and even there, it's highly randomized. No connection has yet been made to accuracy, evasion, double-attacks, and criticals, so it may not even matter. It's still an argument for leaving Kazin a WIZ (or out, entirely >_>).

(If you weren't able to tell, I'm trying to degrade popular opinion of Kazin, simply because he's only slightly better than Taya at either of his classes. SORC Tyrin and WIZ Chaz are truly the only Mages worth it in the long run, though Taya can still be a good choice for a few battles, should you promote Kazin to WIZ and don't pick up Tyrin the first time. Besides, just after Creed's, magical support isn't truly needed. You can do just as well subbing Kazin out for Elric, Janet, or Rohde for long range support.)
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/maxknight1010101
#10spadesZeroPosted 3/4/2009 11:13:23 AM
Yes, Tyrin makes a slightly better sorcerer than Kazin... he gains all of his spells exactly ONE level earlier. (except for atlas rank 2, he learns that quite a bit earlier)

But you know what? Wizard Tyrin is much better than Sorcerer Tyrin. Freeze 3 does more damage than all the sorcerer spells and has a crucially higher range. His AOE spells aren't divided up between multiple enemies.

Wizard Kazin is just plain terrible. (unless you REALLY like using Desoul, which I don't like the randomness of)

Your other options are Chaz and Taya. Taya learns her spells way later than Kazin, so she's out. And Chaz has to level up to godly levels to learn his final ranks, and he joins way too late for it to even matter.

So, the best option is to promote Kazin to Sorcerer and Tyrin to Wizard.