SORR V5 Is Out!

#51DethBladeXPosted 4/22/2011 10:13:09 AM
^ Nah. Unless I'm mistaken, I think I've also mentioned my disapproval of Max earlier in this thread.

To be fair, I never really cared for him in the original either, and even moreso now that the enemies are faster. You make some excellent points though, but in the end I suppose it's all a matter of personal preference.
---
Sales lost to piracy is based on the incorrect assumption that the pirate would have paid for the product if s/he was unable to illegally obtain a free copy.
#52LousStevensPosted 4/23/2011 10:01:15 PM
Thanks for your insight igniz, my post wasnt directed at you, although I did recall seeing some posts regarding Max, I wasnt replying specifically to those posts...I was just venting in general.

I'll try the suggestions you made, and maybe you are right maybe I am playing Max in the remake version like as if it is SoR2, but I can't help but feel some of the suggestions you make are more harmful than good. I know max pretty well, I play him excursively in SoR2, and I enjoy playing the game with as little lives as possible on the hardest mode possible. I'm still working up to doing mania with 3 lives though. Currently I play SoR2 on very hard mode using either 1 life or 3 lives.

I'm not sure what difficulty you play on, but the combos you mention are very impractical to do on harder settings. I know all the big damage combos for max, I know how to abuse his invincibility frames to my advantage and so forth. I know max pretty well. If you do one of the combos you mention (especially the regular attacks), yes they do a lot of damage which rivals the atomic buster or are more damaging, but they take too long. Chances are an enemy will just come up behind you and punch you out of it. Even when max grabs an enemy, throwing out 1 knee is impractical cause chances are you will get attacked by someone else. If you can somehow line up all the bad guys on the screen in one spot and hit them with a big combo on high difficulty settings I would have to see it to believe it. On lower difficulty settings I know you can do these moves to your heart's content, but it is suicide when playing on very hard and especially mania mode. This is true for just about every character though, doing long combos is not worth it on high difficulties.

All I am saying is that SoR 2 Max > remake Max. I think some of the properties on Max's moves have changed which does affect him to a certain degree, but the bigger deal is that Max stayed the same while the rest of the game changed and the enemies are much more mobile. Max didn't translate well into this game as well as the other characters did (like Adam...lol). This is what affects Max actually. I'm not saying it is impossible to beat the game with Max, but I think its much more of an uphill battle now.
---
Death is never the answer. Life is. - Galioth
#53LousStevensPosted 4/23/2011 10:14:18 PM
Actually now that I think about it what difficulty do you play on Igniz? Obviously the advice you gave would work on normal mode and everyone knows that, but never in very hard or mania. Beating normal mode is cake and I'm not talking about that.
---
#54rd1703Posted 4/25/2011 12:15:28 PM
Much trouble getting endings 7 & 8. Does anyone know if you need to take particular routes or have specific settings (difficulty, # of lives, etc...) to see them? I mean, I know you need to use a certain character for 7 but every time I complete the game it gives me a standard credit roll. Thanks in advance for any who can shed some light on this.
#55C_Money17Posted 4/25/2011 3:24:56 PM

I mean, I know you need to use a certain character for 7 but every time I complete the game it gives me a standard credit roll.

You need to complete the full SoR1 route with the character without cheating and in one complete sitting (i.e. no using alt+X for a savestate). I'm not too sure about the latter, but I've heard people mention that if you save your game and then come back to it, both the 7th and 8th endings won't unlock. For ending 7, the difficulty and number of lives don't matter, just make sure you don't deviate from the SoR1 levels.

For ending 8, you have to beat the game on Mania without cheating (or possibly using savestates). It doesn't matter if you use a CPU partner or what amount of lives you have, and I don't think it matters what route you take, either. I got it by taking the full SoR2 route.
---
"Now dig these motherf***ers a grave, Scoop!"
http://video.adultswim.com/robot-chicken/bob-the-union-scab.html
#56SirIlpalazzoPosted 4/26/2011 3:52:33 PM
You don't have to do the SoR1 route. I did the SoR2 route and it was fine.

It's possible that you can't do it on any route that would normally give you a bad ending, but at the very least, you can get it from both the SoR1 and 2 routes.
---
I am sure people have many nice memories of yelling at their controllers.~Keiji Inafune
#57LousStevensPosted 4/30/2011 7:20:09 AM
A little update regarding my boy Max. He isn't as bad as I originally thought, but he still got left behind in terms of being on par with the other characters for this game. His biggest problems is he recieved some tools which have its pro's and con's while the enemies got much better buffs all around.

Max's new blitz attack (the running attack which lets him grab an opponent and slam them) is pretty neat, and its possible to have another setup after the attack is done. My major issue with this though is that when Max runs, he travels almost 70-75% of the screen length. Because of this, when you score a knockdown, the bad guys get pushed off screen and you cant do any follow up attacks. I was pretty sad about this. This had so much potential to make Max awesome if he didnt push people off screen.

The other thing which hurts max is the enemies have awesome recovery times after an attack. I never had to focus so hard to get good setups because it seems like enemies recover from an attack like 3 times faster than in SoR 2. Your spacing and proper timing of the attack for Max has to be very very good to consistenly combo into a grab.

I'm still trying to determine if Max has any invincibility frames he can abuse. It seems like to me his slide lost his invincibility frames because I get hit out of sliding much more now. Not to mention the obvious fact that enemies can evade the slide much easier too. This hurts max big time as the slide was one of Max's best moves in SoR2, if not the best just for making him mobile and having awesome properties all around.

In my opinion Adam and Skate are the best of the bunch from what I can tell of the original cast. Blaze is pretty good but not on skate and adam's level. Zan feels like he is just under blaze. I'm not used to his floaty jump. Maybe some zan experts can chime in here. I feel like axel is a poor man's adam, and he takes my vote as being the worst character easily. The mere fact that axel has the one special (the flurry of punches which ends w/an uppercut) which takes an hour to do and leaves him extremely vulnerable is awful. The damage output on it sucks too. Poor Axel indeed.

I guess I would put max around blaze's level. He isnt awful like axel is, but he is no adam obviously.
---
#58C_Money17Posted 4/30/2011 3:44:53 PM

The other thing which hurts max is the enemies have awesome recovery times after an attack. I never had to focus so hard to get good setups because it seems like enemies recover from an attack like 3 times faster than in SoR 2. Your spacing and proper timing of the attack for Max has to be very very good to consistenly combo into a grab.

I agree. Enemies tend to back away from you really quickly if you try to combo into a grab. Try standing over a knocked down enemy and see how fast they evade you when they get back up.

The mere fact that axel has the one special (the flurry of punches which ends w/an uppercut) which takes an hour to do and leaves him extremely vulnerable is awful. The damage output on it sucks too. Poor Axel indeed.

That's why I think SoR1 Axel is the best of the three playable versions of him. His forward special is just three hard punches, can easily be combo'd into, and does pretty good damage.
---
http://stopsay.in/epic
Stop saying "epic", goddamn it. Also, "noone" is not a word. It's "no one".
#59Fade2black001Posted 5/1/2011 9:46:25 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#60Digital_SPosted 5/1/2011 12:43:37 PM

This. Just try SOR2 Blaze's knife combo on higher difficulties, you'll get hit out with the 2nd hit of it assuming you're on SOR2 pause delay. I play on combined so not sure if SOR3 makes it faster...well It doesn't really matter I think I also got hit out if SOR3 Blaze's 2nd hit of the knife too.

I don't remember this happening in SOR2.
---
COD games since COD4 is like the Rebecca Black of FPSes. Horrible games, HORRIBLE GAMES!. RIP real FPS'es.
More topics from this board...
Next Hype!!Rozzbane7111/20 5:12PM