Dragon Warrior NOT to be on Wii Virtual Console

#1mrbrewskisaysPosted 9/28/2009 8:29:11 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of potentially true bad news. Sent an email suggestion for DW on Wii's virtual console and was told that there was a good chance it would NEVER be released. Makes no sense. I mean I thought they were porting all the original Nintendo NES games or at least the popular ones. Ice Hockey, Excitebike, etc. but no DW?

Looks like its gonna have to settle for ROM versions until a miracle happens.
#2Tsukinohime3Posted 9/29/2009 6:40:21 AM
If Wii is all about the player's movement contributing to game play, I can't imagine how they'd modify it for DW. The common commands are "fight, spell, item, and walk thattaway." Not much to do in the way of the Wii.

---
FEEL THE HAMMER OF JUSTICE!!
It's more fun to pose from tree tops. Try it. You'll like it.
#3Black_CrusherPosted 9/29/2009 7:07:16 AM
Wow, that is amazing news. I thought for sure they'd have it on there. I blame Squaresoft, for no apparent reason. Would Enix have put it out there before the merge? Hmmm..

---
Hasslevania, Neil Peart- Mission: The Camera Eye and more!!
DXF Games: http://del_duio.sitesled.com
#4Akira_gospelPosted 9/29/2009 12:09:06 PM
Tsukinohime3, it says "Virtual Console", as in, the original game complete with no motion controls.
---
Let's find that exit they call "paradise"!
#5Volcanon2Posted 9/30/2009 7:04:09 PM
This game is terrible anyway. Why not get one of the better remakes on virtual console instead?
#6Ragn_At_WorkPosted 10/1/2009 11:49:22 AM
Remakes is the whole problem, I've been saying this all along. As long the market exists for Squenix to remake the game every few years they have no desire to propagate the original. Want to try the start of the series? Pay $49.99 for this 3-in-1 set (instead of $5.00 each).
---
. . O .. O. . . Have you been touched by His noodly appendage?
~(~0~0~)~ www.venganza.org ~ WWFSMD?
#7x_lotoPosted 10/1/2009 2:01:38 PM
This game is terrible anyway. Why not get one of the better remakes on virtual console instead?

What makes the remakes better? The fact that they're too easy compared to the original?

And what are you talking about, anyway? How many remakes of Dragon Warrior are on the Virtual Console? Zero? >_>
---
This is a signature. You might think that there is something to it...but in fact it is just an ordinary signature.
#8oriusPosted 10/5/2009 7:04:46 PM
Who knows why?

Honestly though, the orignal really hasn't aged that well. The basic concepts aren't bad, but the formula was improved upon by later console RPGs including games in the DQ series. I'm not sure a VC release would be all that popular.

---
Gaming for 25 years and still going strong.
http://www.backloggery.com/orius