Dragon Warrior music on youtube

#1KirbMasterPosted 1/6/2008 2:43:38 PM
Hey everyone. I've been playing some vidoegame music and placing it up on youtube and sharing with the Gamefaqs communities of their respective games. I just did a Dragon Warrior one today, so here I am to share it. I've also done 9 others, so check them out if you're interested. This isn't one of those 'I can play the piano, too!!1' videos either, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhyQB6f6P_U

Comments are always welcomed.

---
"True to his instincts, Kirby eats when he gets hungry and sleeps as soon as he grows tired." ~ Super Smash Bros.
#2zenithian66Posted 1/11/2008 7:33:18 PM
Being someone who appreciates a good video game tune, I can say that I really liked how that overworld theme sounded, especially on a harp. Bonus points because the Silver Harp was an item from the game.
Being someone with little musical talent, I'm impressed easily, but nonetheless impressed.
---
"Fortune smiles upon thee"
#3regulonPosted 1/13/2008 2:05:09 AM
Nice, nice...you indeed go beyond those standard "I can play this instrument"-type clips...
#4SeyalPosted 1/21/2008 9:14:04 PM
Wow - this made me want to play DW 1 again. Very very very nice!

---
"I'm sorry, that was cruel." Farah from R. SaGa when killing something weak with a combo.
#5outsider90909Posted 1/26/2008 8:03:27 PM
Bump to avoid losing any more topics...

---
This user fails.
#6bloodriotioriPosted 1/29/2008 2:24:00 AM
i commented and instantly favorited that vid, it's my favorite game series of all time, and hearing that music played so beautifully just brought back SO many memories, make more of these vids with more DW music!!
#7VladTaltosPosted 2/8/2008 10:53:59 PM
It must be quite a hassle to have to tune up every five minutes or so, but you're quite good alright.
---
"You may be a king, or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later, you dance with the reaper."
#8musenjiPosted 2/17/2008 2:37:42 PM
That's pretty darn cool!

What's your setup for recording? Mainly what kind of microphone (and where it's placed), but I'm also curious what video compression software you're using.
#9KirbMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2008 9:56:09 PM
Thanks for all the great comments.

Tuning every 5 minutes is a little bit of an exaggeration, but sometimes it can be a bit of a challenge keeping it in tune when it comes to the constant change in humidity and temperature this time of year.

The only recording method we have right now is a digital camera, and I found a quick download off the internet called Windows Movie Maker and change the innate AVI file to WMV. The sound and quality of course drop quite a bit, but it fits.

---
"True to his instincts, Kirby eats when he gets hungry and sleeps as soon as he grows tired." ~ Super Smash Bros.
#10radblastPosted 2/26/2008 9:40:15 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]