Mega Man ROM Hacks

#1hylianarmyPosted 1/13/2011 2:13:26 AM
Discuss.
---
Now Playing: Golden Sun Book Two (GBA), Pokemon Blue Version (GB), Fallout: New Vegas (X360).
#2SalocoolPosted 1/13/2011 6:33:57 AM
Whatever.
Why don't we discuss people showing off the games they are playing like it is any interesting or complementary ?
---
I got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.
#3hylianarmy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2011 8:41:00 AM
There's a couple of hacks that an LP'er by the name of "qzecwx" played through that caught my eye.

One was "Rockman 4 MI", a rather ambitious hack of Mega Man 4; it's still being worked on, but what's been finished is spectacular.

The other was a hack of good ol' Mega Man 2, called "Rockman no Constancy". It's not as extensive a hack as "4 MI" (mainly tilesets and music, with some tweaks to the enemy behavior), but the editor, an individual known as "IKA", did a wonderful job, especially where the soundtrack is concerned.

If you ever find yourself watching his LPs (and he's got quite a few), be sure to have annotations on; qzecwx does all of his commentary using You-Tube's built-in annotation editor, so if you have it turned off, you'll miss out on his footnotes and his humor.

---
Now Playing: Golden Sun Book Two (GBA), Pokemon Blue Version (GB), Fallout: New Vegas (X360).
#4qzecwxPosted 1/13/2011 2:52:14 PM
LP'er

Yeah, I never really understood the Now-Playing thing, either. Not in signatures, at least. I guess it's cool if you go and make a topic about what you've been playing recently on one of the social boards and keep it up to date with write-ups and all that jazz, but sticking it in a signature doesn't really do anything worthwhile anywhere topicality is enforced. That space would be much better used for, I dunno, some funny quote or image, or a link to something.
#5hylianarmy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2011 10:58:56 PM
Well, fancy seeing you here!
---
#6Tempo EXEPosted 1/16/2011 1:03:53 PM
Hey its the youtuber who I just watched Deus ex machina's run from this morning!
---
You just proved that sigs work.