That Beeping Noise

#1sakurajinPosted 7/8/2008 2:35:21 PM
Newer games should really bring back the beeping sound to alert you when you have low life. When I'm playing games that don't have it, I'm always dying because I don't know how low my life is. The constant beeping noise in this game is really helpful.
#2Kyrogue11Posted 7/8/2008 4:43:37 PM
I commend your optimism!
Anyways, I know a lot of the newer games have the noise removed because many gamers(sometimes myself) have found the beeping to be annoying. Another thing is that many games have a 'feel' that could be disrupted by a beeping. Admittedly, while this could be worked around by providing a different, more fitting sound, people tend to go back and look at my first point.
---
There is no truer love than that of Chocolate!!
Fear my superior smartitude!!
#3crate3333Posted 7/8/2008 9:59:10 PM
There's also the option of having the beeping trigger when you drop below a certain health amount, then stop after a couple seconds. Long enough to alert you that you're in danger, short enough that it doesn't make me reach for the mute button.
---
Implication is a strong weapon.
I do read sometimes.
#4XDooplissXPosted 7/9/2008 8:08:24 AM
You are probably losing because you are bad at the game, no offense, but that noise doesn't keep you alive.
---
...Slick...
#5sakurajin(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2008 1:22:32 PM
Wow, 0/3 on sarcasm-catching.
Cheers to the first poster for not flaming me to death, jeers to me for making an ultra-sarcastic topic.

I had a savestate in the Island Palace with low enough life to die in one hit from anything, and no lives left, so I spent about an hour save-and-restoring until I could get through it 'without being hit'. That hour of listening to the obnoxious (and in my mind, unnecessary) 'warning' is what motivated the topic.

On topic, I agree with the previous poster that if you can't monitor your life and the action at the same time, you are a pretty inexperienced gamer.