Get candle in Parapa Palace. Go west.

#1HylianFoxPosted 8/15/2008 6:44:00 PM
Did anyone else never understand this quote for a long time? Parapa Palace is to the EAST of Rauru. Then I finally got it... 'Get candle in Parapa Palace... THEN go west.' That kid really needed to be more specific. oh well, at least it's better than the Graveyard Duck from Castlevania 2.
#2ocwPosted 8/15/2008 10:28:03 PM
I believe the message meant for the player to get the candle, after which he can then go to the southwestern cave to get past it easier, although expert players without a candle can still go through it.
#3Professor_HojoPosted 8/17/2008 11:03:39 AM
Expert players? I might be wrong, but don't you just have to look at the floor to avoid enemies without the candle?
#4ZzonkmilesPosted 8/17/2008 2:16:32 PM
The reason why some of the clues were cryptic is because they had to fit all that English text into a box that was the same size as the Japanese game's. You can put a lot more text in the same size box using Japanese.

---
Currently playing: Final Fantasy Zz (my hack), Dragon Quest 8 (J) (PS2), The Legend of Zelda (NES)
Next up: Dragon Quest 7 (J) (PS)
#5ParadisePosted 8/17/2008 6:01:08 PM
I'm guessing ocw is insinuating tackling death mountain without the candle. Which can be done, but is a feat in and of itself.
#6Black_CrusherPosted 8/18/2008 8:52:29 AM
Expert players? I might be wrong, but don't you just have to look at the floor to avoid enemies without the candle?

You're right but it's easier w/ the candle. Plus I don't think projectiles show up in dark areas do they?

---
DXF Games official website- http://Del_duio.sitesled.com/
Hasslevania, Neil Peart Mission the Camera Eye, Necropolis Rising!
#7HylianFox(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2008 12:59:02 PM
They do, but they're of course darker and harder to see. Rocks, boomerangs, and axes usually show up the best... I'm not sure about spears.
#8sandmanofdarkdreamsPosted 8/20/2008 11:16:05 AM
I've heard of a challenge but jesus, going through DM or later parts of the game without a candle sounds more like bashing yourself in the head repeatedly with a blunt object. Maybe I could play through the entire game after that with the brightness on my tv screen so low I can't really make out what is going on.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#9Tempo EXEPosted 9/8/2008 12:00:53 PM
"Get candle in Parapa. Go West. But I don't know what it means, I'm just a kid!"
---
You just proved that sigs work.
#10HylianFox(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2008 2:14:02 PM
^^lol, Link's Awakening rocks