simlpe question

#1TrooperPosted 8/25/2008 8:03:40 AM
is the map/world hyrule? i guess it's another quest and nothing to do with the first legend of zelda which was in hyrule..so can someone explain me how this goes?
thanks
---
consequences,schmonsequences,as long as i'm rich...
#2Kolchin04Posted 8/25/2008 8:18:05 AM
Actually, the map of the original Zelda is in the Map of Zelda II. The southern most area of the Western Continent is Zelda I. You can see spectacle rock (A rock and a cave now, since Link blew it open in the original), you can see the graveyard on the western side, the coast line on the south eastern side, the fairy pond in the forest, the lost woods to the west, the river leading to the large lake in the middle (which had labyrinths 1 and 4 in the original). ETC ETC.
---
Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear.
#3Kolchin04Posted 8/25/2008 8:20:56 AM
http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zeldamapsmm3.jpg

It's not exactly a 1:1 relation or anything, but I think it's fairly obvious.
---
Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear.
#4Trooper(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2008 9:17:44 AM
thanks alot for the answers!!

but another question popped up...how about the zelda 3 map?(link to the past)
you can see lake hylia,death mountain and the forests and the center and south.i think the desert part was that mountain part on the left in the zelda map 1 and 2.
but the castle is new...
---
consequences,schmonsequences,as long as i'm rich...
#5ocwPosted 8/27/2008 12:01:10 AM
Zelda 3 is not as closely linked to Zelda 1 and Zelda 2 as is the case between Zelda 1 and Zelda 2. Zelda 2 is the direct sequel to Zelda 1 but Zelda 3 is a distant prequel to Zelda 1 where Zelda 1's Link is not the same as Zelda 3's Link.

So that means the map in Zelda 3 may not correspond one-to-one to the map in either Zelda 1 or Zelda 2.