What levels are you usually at for each palace?

#1Redmage1987Posted 2/28/2012 6:12:41 PM
Do you ever try to be at certain levels in each stat whenever you get to the next dungeon in line in this game? Or do you just level up in the order the game has you do it?

I am going to be starting a "Shortest Path" Video Series on Youtube for all the Zelda Games showing the absolute quickest route through each dungeon. I am wanting some good suggestions for ways to level up to make the dungeons easier.

I usually try and have Level 2 Life and Attack by the time I get to the first dungeon. I do it like that because you only have 1 or 2 Spells by the time you are at the first dungeon, so you don't really need Magic to be leveled up.

I am also probably going to do a "Shortest Path" Video for Death Mountain as well, even though it's not really a dungeon, lol. Do you usually do Death Moutain or the Midoro Palace first?
---
The Old School Video Game King!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Redmage1987
#2simpoldoodPosted 2/28/2012 6:29:50 PM
Redmage1987 posted...
Do you ever try to be at certain levels in each stat whenever you get to the next dungeon in line in this game? Or do you just level up in the order the game has you do it?

Absolutely, in speed runs, my attack has to be at a certain level before each dungeon.
Magic and Life too but not a priority. Even if it's not a speed run, I raise my attack level first.
The faster you can kill an enemy, the less time they have to get a hit on Link.

I am also probably going to do a "Shortest Path" Video for Death Mountain as well, even though it's not really a dungeon, lol. Do you usually do Death Moutain or the Midoro Palace first?

I do Death Mountain first all the time, a lot of EXP to be had in there.

There are a couple of speed runs in my channel if you want to take a look at how I managed my EXP and stat levels.
---
Zelda II AoL shrine - www.youtube.com/simpoldood
with some SS shenanigans.
#3DragonAtmaPosted 2/29/2012 7:04:11 PM
I don't do much grinding; there are two quirks for my levelling, though:

(1) I prioritize attack and (to a lesser extent) life; levelling up magic doesn't help nearly as much.
(2) I try to maximize the bonus from placing a crystal. For example, with only a little grinding, you can be 3/1/1 after you defeat the first boss, with a bit over 100 exp. Since you'd need 1000/100/50 exp to level up, the crystal'll give you between 800 and 900 exp for the first palace. Not bad at all!
---
Nagas on a plane! ^_^
#4joeygerald805Posted 2/29/2012 7:54:10 PM
The only thing I really shoot for is having attack at level four by the end of the first palace. It's not too hard if you make good use of the end of palace level up. Usually you can get one or two health in at the same time. After that, the game goes very smoothly.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3181-5607-9253
#5ChaseXtremePosted 3/1/2012 2:42:32 PM
Palace 1: 3-1-1
Palace 2: 5-3-4
Palace 3: 6-3-4
Palace 4: 7-3-4
Palace 5: 8-3-4
Palace 6: 8-6-8
Final Palace: 8-8-8

And this actually involves hardly any grinding. Only a minute or two before palace six.
---
Knockout of the week: Brooke Tessmacher
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6002/5982923921_2252114edc.jpg
#6Redmage1987(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2012 2:17:51 PM
Thanks for the input everyone. I am going to try out some more stuff with Zelda II and a few other Zeldas before I get my quick guide series going. I still need to beat WW, FSA, TP, SS, & ST first. I also need to find a way to record PH & ST.
---
The Old School Video Game King!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Redmage1987
#7norsemustangPosted 3/11/2012 8:10:37 AM
I usually level up in the order that the game lets me, but I skip placing the crystals in the Palaces until I am at the later levels. I don't have to grind that way, and whatever crystals I have left over after maxing out on levels I use for 1ups before I go to the Great Palace.
---
"I drink to prepare for a fight; tonight I am very prepared"- Soda Popinski
#8Kamek85Posted 3/12/2012 5:49:42 PM
Palace 1: 2-2-2
Palace 2: 4-4-4
Palace 3: 5-5-5
Palace 4: 6-6-6
Palace 5: 7-7-7
Palace 6: 8-8-8
Great Palace: 8-8-8

That's covering Death Mountain before Palace 2 and defeating most of the enemies I encounter in the dungeons. The only real grinding takes place before Level 5.