What are some good games that play like this?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  3. What are some good games that play like this?
4 years ago#1
Like bite off this style completely or have a similar one?

Just realized after looking at the trailer for the new Adventure Time game that I haven't played a lot of games that steal this game's style even though I've played a ton of clones of the original LoZ.
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
4 years ago#2
Battle of Olympus is somewhat similar. It's not a perfect match, but...
Nagas on a plane! ^_^
4 years ago#3
There's Rambo for the NES. I'm not sure it's a good game, but the style's not too far off. There's a lot of sidescrolling melee combat, going through the woods fighting spiders... lol.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has sort of a similar gameplay style, but obviously a totally different aesthetic. Oh, and it's impossible.

Deadly Towers plays something like the first Zelda, and is also impossible, and in no way a good game. The music's alright, I think.

That's all I can think of right now.

Edit: I just thought of one that's kind of similar. Little Ninja Brothers - it's an RPG of sorts, but only boss battles are done in your typical RPG menu fashion. The rest is an isometric overworld with sidescrolling action fights. I think it's a lot of fun, too.
GT/PSN: Owngineer
Currently playing: Rocksmith, Castlevania SOTN, Metroid (NES)
4 years ago#4
That's the thing... there are no other games that rise to the level of Zelda II. That's why a Zelda II Classic would be so great.
4 years ago#5
Castlevania II is somewhat similar to this, though it's not nearly as good. Still, it's probably worth checking out.
Rocking the Higgs Boson.
4 years ago#6
What about Faxanadu?
[OF] Zzonk / PSN ID: Zzonkmiles / MKW: 5456-6092-6685
Download my Final Fantasy Zz (Hard Type) hack at http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/803/
4 years ago#7
Ys 3
"I killed him... with a SPOON!!!!"
4 years ago#8
Deletron posted...
Castlevania II is somewhat similar to this, though it's not nearly as good. Still, it's probably worth checking out.

I could see that - it's not nearly as challenging as Zelda II though.
4 years ago#9
C'mon guys, StarTropics.
4 years ago#10
Secret of mana-evermore are similar in mechanics, but are less linear in the dungeons and such. If you can play only one go for secret of evermore.
Who took the chicken off the plate and put it in the fridge?
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  3. What are some good games that play like this?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived