What are some good games that play like this?

#21Black_CrusherPosted 12/8/2012 8:03:08 AM
Faxanadu is another fun one but it should be mentioned that the jumping mechanics it has are very frustrating at times.

Also that pink shopkeeper who winks at you is a little on the creepy side haha.
---
Equin: The Lantern, a Dragon Quest / Roguelike game!
http://www.dxfgames.com/EquinTheLantern/EquinTheLantern.htm
#22aeepahzieoiPosted 12/8/2012 8:58:29 AM
I think that it is refreshing and nice that Faxanadu wasn't over-sanitized. Medieval fantasy stories benefit from being seasoned by a wide variety of "dangerous" concepts. Makes them fun.
#23Montie2kPosted 12/13/2012 7:32:04 PM
I'd say you'd enjoy Crystalis.
---
So are we so different? Of course, we are, and you will be even more different if I ever finish my homemade flame thrower.
-Jack Handey
#24Sega9599Posted 12/14/2012 2:03:46 AM
BreakmanDX posted...
^Whoops, sorry, I have to reply to this thread for the express purpose of saying that guy had it backwards. If you can play only one, play Secret of Mana -- it's one of the best video games of all time IMHO.

One of the top 100 ever made, probably. But there are too many 'best video games ever' to honestly include it in say....a top 10/20 list, unless you were specifically looking at only one area.
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#25DragonAtmaPosted 12/14/2012 7:01:04 AM
I try and avoid comparing games between generations. Zelda II is an awesome game, but how are we supposed to compare it to Twilight Princess without the risk of undercorrecting or overcorrecting for the Wii's advantages over the NES?
---
Nagas on a plane! ^_^
#26KeryAdamsPosted 12/14/2012 9:19:36 AM
Easy, you compare each to the average game of its own generation. The only things you can compare directly are those that don't change with technology.

For an NES game, AoL has a well-written story, tight controls, great gameplay, considerable depth, and high diffculty.

For a Gamecube game, TP has all of the above but its story leaves much to be desired and it has very low difficulty.

That's obviously a gross simplification but I think it gets the point across.
---
GT/PSN: Owngineer
Currently playing: Legend of Zelda II, Resident Evil 3, Castlevania: SotN, Rocksmith
#27mister yummyPosted 12/30/2012 11:42:25 AM
BUMP
---
Every day I get further and further behind in the Human Race