Number under save file: Number of individual deaths, or number of Game Overs?

#1DarkWind313Posted 11/28/2012 5:00:22 PM
Recently started a playthrough of this (3DS eShop version) with the intent of actually finishing it, since I never really played it much in the past.

Does your save file record the number of individual deaths you've had, or just the number of actual Game Overs (when you lose all lives)?
Just something I was curious about (or maybe just couldn't remember), and I'm not currently at a place where I would want to die/quit solely to test it.
---
[Dark Spirit, Spirited Wind + Severstarr] -- Member XVII of the KI:U Sky Kings --
http://i.imgur.com/2Hqmd.png
#2ocwPosted 11/28/2012 7:08:30 PM
DarkWind313 posted...
Recently started a playthrough of this (3DS eShop version) with the intent of actually finishing it, since I never really played it much in the past.

Does your save file record the number of individual deaths you've had, or just the number of actual Game Overs (when you lose all lives)?
Just something I was curious about (or maybe just couldn't remember), and I'm not currently at a place where I would want to die/quit solely to test it.

Number of actual Game Overs.
#3bachewychompPosted 11/28/2012 9:51:10 PM
Not to be rude or anything, but is it really necessary to quote the post when you're the first to respond to this topic?
#4ocwPosted 11/29/2012 12:28:45 AM
bachewychomp posted...
Not to be rude or anything, but is it really necessary to quote the post when you're the first to respond to this topic?

I didn't realise that. Thanks for the suggestion. :)
#5KeryAdamsPosted 11/29/2012 7:30:59 AM
Kinda sucks that they even track it though, since you have to get a game over to save, and I rarely want to take on more than one palace in a single sitting... so I'll probably never have less than 5.
---
GT/PSN: Owngineer
Currently playing: Legend of Zelda II, Resident Evil 3, Castlevania: SotN, Rocksmith
#6Gunsm1thPosted 11/29/2012 9:51:23 AM
TC, how are you liking the game? or disliking it?
#7bachewychompPosted 11/29/2012 5:37:34 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8bachewychompPosted 11/29/2012 5:37:50 PM
KeryAdams posted...
Kinda sucks that they even track it though, since you have to get a game over to save, and I rarely want to take on more than one palace in a single sitting... so I'll probably never have less than 5.

I think they have a secret "code" that you enter for controller 2 to get a save menu. I know the original LoZ has one. But I usually just die to save in both. It's funny how I can remember how to get to most of the dungeons/palaces in the two games, but not a simple save code. Whenever I think about it, I can't be bothered to pause the game and go look it up, and usually don't have the second controller plugged in anyway, so that's more crap I have to do. I don't even think there is an advantage to it other than maintaining a cleaner death counter. In both games it obviously puts you back at the beginning your next play, and I believe in LoZ it resets you to three hearts just like a death.
#9DragonAtmaPosted 11/29/2012 6:43:10 PM
bachewychomp posted...
I think they have a secret "code" that you enter for controller 2 to get a save menu.

They do.... the exact same code as the first Zelda (pause, then hit up+A on controller 2).

But IIRC it raises your death count by 1 (just like a game over), unlike the first one.
---
Nagas on a plane! ^_^
#10DarkWind313(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 8:54:49 PM
ocw posted...
Number of actual Game Overs.

Thanks.

Gunsm1th posted...
TC, how are you liking the game? or disliking it?

I'm enjoying it so far. Just entered the 3rd Palace.
Glad I'm finally getting around to playing it, since it's the only Zelda game I've never actually completed. Which is also funny, considering that 2D side-scrollers are actually one of my favorite genres (or rather, styles) of games.

Since this topic is surprisingly active, I have another question I was curious about:

Does raising your Magic stat only reduce the cost of spells you already have, or does it include spells you haven't yet received?

I know that it's something that's been discussed in the past, but I've seen about an equal number of responses pointing in both directions.
So far I haven't raised my Magic at all, just in case. (Currently 5 - 1 - 5, IIRC)
---
[Dark Spirit, Spirited Wind + Severstarr] -- Member XVII of the KI:U Sky Kings --
http://i.imgur.com/2Hqmd.png