Hardest of the first six palace bosses

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  3. Hardest of the first six palace bosses
4 years ago#1
Which of these bosses from the first six palaces do you feel is the hardest? - Results (55 votes)
Horsehead (palace one)
9.09% (5 votes)
Helmethead (palace two)
12.73% (7 votes)
Riding Blue Ironknuckle (palace three)
20% (11 votes)
Carock (palace four)
5.45% (3 votes)
Gooma (palace five)
36.36% (20 votes)
Barba (palace six)
16.36% (9 votes)
This poll is now closed.
In your opinion, which is the hardest? I left out Thunderbird and Dark Link because they would win over everyone if they were included. This is for the first six palaces.

Saying this might make me look like a n00b, but to me, the hardest is Horsehead. I'm TERRIBLE against the first boss. I can never get a good clean hit on him and most of the time, my sword just deflects off his head without hurting him. The other bosses aren't a problem for me mainly because I've got my attributes powered up big time. Horsehead's a nightmare for me though. ._.
Mario Kart Wii FCs: Banana (my main) : 0218 - 7080 - 1616 ; [UD]Banana (underdog, my alt) : 2752 - 8300 - 7883
4 years ago#2
I picked Gooma.
He gives way too much damage, has a long-range weapon, has a difficult weak point location,
and the hardest to do quick-kill strats against.
Zelda II Live Stream - twitch.tv/simpoldood
Zelda II stuff - youtube.com/simpoldood
4 years ago#3
Nah, Gooma's not that hard; just drive him off the right edge of the screen. When he comes back half-onscreen, you can hit him but he can't swing his morning star yet. It does get a bit boring in challenge games, though...
Nagas on a plane! ^_^
4 years ago#4
Gooma's the toughest if you fight him fair. Otherwise Helmethead is the toughest.

Many people are going to complain about Mounted Ironknuckle going off screen in this thread.
In the beginning you will see a black square. This is actually a cave. Make Zelda walk into the cave and get the Brown Sword. The rest is easy if you have it.
4 years ago#5
If Mounted Ironknuckle goes offscreen, it means you were standing too far from him.

As for hardest boss, I'd say helmethead in a normal game and Barba in a challenge game.

And even if you fight Gooma legitimately, he's still not that hard.
Nagas on a plane! ^_^
4 years ago#6
Agreed, but none of the bosses are really difficult. And Mounted IK is simple enough with the left-side-of-screen downthrust trick.
In the beginning you will see a black square. This is actually a cave. Make Zelda walk into the cave and get the Brown Sword. The rest is easy if you have it.
4 years ago#7
Minimally-powered Link: Barba.
Maxed out Link: Barba.
Typical playthrough for a genuine newbie: Horsehead.
Typical playthrough for a newbie using a FAQ: Barba.
Typical playthrough for a seasoned veteran of the game: Barba.

So... Barba.
4 years ago#8
Gooma for a 'fair' fight. But Volvagia sometimes kills me because I get impatient and he knocks me into the lava >_>
^HylianFox likes this.
4 years ago#9
Patience is the secret tenth enemy.
4 years ago#10
I'm surprised Gooma has so many votes. I didn't think he was that hard. The dungeon itself was harder.

Lol, Carock got a vote. >.>
Mario Kart Wii FCs: Banana (my main) : 0218 - 7080 - 1616 ; [UD]Banana (underdog, my alt) : 2752 - 8300 - 7883
  1. Boards
  2. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  3. Hardest of the first six palace bosses

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived