What would make this game better?

#21aeepahzieoiPosted 1/27/2013 7:03:57 AM
ChaseXtreme posted...
How about add a Blue Moa that drops fire like the orange one? Can't see it or the fire until you get Cross.

That's a nice and wicked idea, and in the spirit of the original game too. A good fit.

An idea I have carried around for years is one inspired by Wonderboy III / Dragon's Curse. In that game you eventually get the ability to do a vertical, sweeping slice with the sword that not only looks awesome, but can be used to get to new areas because it can break blocks that couldn't be broken before. Maybe this wouldn't fit with Z2, but I thought I'd mention it.
#22DrumguyPosted 1/27/2013 9:58:23 AM
ChaseXtreme posted...
Drumguy posted...
For consistency's sake, there should be a blue Daira (one that could throw axes straight at Link or in arcs and jumps around) around the pathway leading to the Great Palace. They gave us a blue Ironknuckle, a blue Goriya, and a blue Lizalfos. Why no blue Daira?

This. Kind of odd there are no Blue Dairas. How about add a Blue Moa that drops fire like the orange one? Can't see it or the fire until you get Cross.

The blue Daira and the blue Moa would be a perfect second quest addition.
#23ZzonkmilesPosted 1/27/2013 10:14:48 AM
I would like to see a redesigned Great Palace because the way it's designed now, you really only need to travel through about 1/3 of it.

I'd also like the Magic Key to be a palace treasure--perhaps it could be located in the Great Palace.

Make FIRE a more useful spell by creating more enemies that can only be killed by fire.

Make palace enemies respawn if you travel away too many screens or if too much time passes.

A true second quest, obviously.

Rebalance XP values of some of the enemies. Birdknights should obviously be worth more than 70 and 100 points, for example.

Allow you to continue from the beginning of a palace if you get a game over, rather than starting over from the starting castle.

Make the THUNDER spell cost MP as well as HP to prevent abuse.

Remove the ability to skip forced action scenes by timing your entry to them with that of a random encounter.

Perhaps be required to defeat at least one (or all) enemies in a random encounter if it is a "strong" encounter. This would make southeastern Hyrule and Death Valley a lot more difficult.
---
[OF] Zzonk / PSN ID: Zzonkmiles / MKW: 5456-6092-6685
Download my Final Fantasy Zz (Hard Type) hack at http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/803/
#24zoogelioPosted 1/28/2013 5:55:37 PM
The Ironknuckle boss being unable to hide offscreen.

A Blue Daira. The game is too easy at times.

We have Error, Bagu. We need a third friend... Glitch.
#25aeepahzieoiPosted 1/29/2013 8:35:10 AM
More doors.
#26Seferaga(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:17:09 AM
Zzonkmiles posted...
Perhaps be required to defeat at least one (or all) enemies in a random encounter if it is a "strong" encounter. This would make southeastern Hyrule and Death Valley a lot more difficult.

This is a cool idea. I never thought of it before. But I can see people complaining a lot if this were implemented. Taking away the ability to quickly run off screen could be annoying since most people probably just want to get around the map quickly to beat it as fast they can. :/

aeepahzieoi, more doors? Please explain, haha. :)
---
Don't get so caught in your ways that you can't change..
#27ILoveEverythingPosted 1/29/2013 12:36:11 PM
Ability to skip gaining levels (make a 1/1/1 challenge possible without cheating)

Play as Zelda

Play as Impa

Play as Red Daira
---
Yawn
#28VeryFunTimesPosted 1/30/2013 12:17:43 AM
More stairs and ladders.
---
RIP DON_CHEEZEMAN
He lived 10,000 lives
#29aeepahzieoiPosted 1/30/2013 7:55:28 AM
The doors that are used in towns to enter buildings. Battle of Olympus uses this kind of door to make some areas more complex. It's even used to construct confusing labyrinths. In that game it can be irritating because enemies come back everytime the player moves through a doorway but Zelda II doesn't have that problem because the game remembers if Link clears a room of enemies. More doors could add some more depth.
#30VeryFunTimesPosted 2/22/2013 1:44:56 AM
Make magic not like such a rare thing.
---
Hey