Mystic Ark (7th Saga sequel) translated

#1TomatoSanPosted 9/12/2009 10:44:40 AM
I know a lot of people here have been looking forward to Mystic Ark in English, and here's a full patch:

http://www.dynamic-designs.us/

Came out of nowhere :O
#2ZathamPosted 9/12/2009 8:40:01 PM
I'm having difficulty applying the patch. I've tried deleting the original rom's header etc. but everything just results in the game not playing. (it worked prior to the patch tho)
---
"Why do you think Ursula's so plump? She's obviously carrying Sora's seed." - Shadow Exodus
#3DtheBruiserPosted 9/13/2009 9:32:50 AM
HOOOOOOOLY SNAAPPP!!!!! I have been wanting this for a decade now and I randomly checked into it last night and its HEEEEEEERRRRREEEE!!!!!!! Anyone know if its for headered or unheadered?
---
I don't understand!!! Is it Fooly or Cooly!?!?!
#4TomatoSan(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2009 10:47:57 AM
Pretty sure it needs to have no header and it needs to be non-interleaved. More info here: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,9124.html
#5VegetamanPosted 9/16/2009 11:36:11 PM
So... Is there any plot relevance between the two games, at all?

---
"If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words."
Resident Child of Doom | LZA Founder - 2001
#6kharan_zechtsPosted 9/23/2009 5:55:16 AM
Finally.. I've been wanting this since I was like 8 years old.
---
Will you grant me a wish when you find the Rune?
Dream? That is... a secret.
#7XKaliburPosted 9/24/2009 11:41:11 AM
Aeon Genesis also has a translation patch available. Pick your rom dumps carefuily though, I went thru many until I found one able to support the ips
---
You are kicking the baby jesus. you don't want to kick the baby jesus, do you? - mfb
#8kharan_zechtsPosted 9/24/2009 7:16:26 PM
I feel like its the missing link between 7th saga and brainlord.
---
#9king_mystePosted 9/25/2009 12:00:52 AM
so i was playing mystic ark, and I fought a bird, the first enemy encounter. I got 20 exp. and gained 80 some levels. My exp read 999900. Is this a common glitch with this patch?
#10kharan_zechtsPosted 9/25/2009 5:27:16 AM
lol nice

I found another bug too.
When you go to the quarry under bloodhook and get the ore. If you talk to one of the cats at the entrance of that cave later on after that ore event is over he will say something about the ore you found and move down and to the right a few squares.

If you talk to him again he will move again.
I havent tried seeing what happens when you keep doing this and he walks into the wall. I'm guessing the game will probably lock up.

I wonder if these bugs were in the original or introducted by the patch?
---