Uparupa Cave

#1TheMatrixRemixPosted 8/13/2010 8:20:29 AM
I seem to have this problem. I have been using my ZSNES for a while now but am stuck on BOF2. Trouble is, everytime I play the game now, it freezes. At the moment I have saved my location in the Uparupa cave but whenever I fight or after I've had a battle, the game freezes and am really off my head cos I'd like to play this game a bit more. If anyone has any answers, I would really appreciate it thanks. I just don't wish to start all over again and spend hours on it like I did before.
#2ThEmrsmnNinKttyPosted 8/13/2010 8:49:40 AM
^Happens with the Snes9x too, this doesn't help much but my guess to u're problem is that you entered a Huntsville bush, brought up the sub menu to saved on a savestate and played it from there.
---
The Embarrassment Ninja Kitty:
"L.I.A.R.S. (Limited Internet Access Really Sucks)"
#3TheMatrixRemix(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2010 2:49:59 PM
I've just managed to make a few more steps closer to the entrance of the cave by using Ryu's smoke magic but it's a bummer it won't let me use it again :(
#4ThEmrsmnNinKttyPosted 8/14/2010 2:13:16 AM
isn't the spell still in effect, if it is, then the little goblin indicating a dungeon should be purple.
---
#5TheMatrixRemix(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2010 9:54:24 AM
The goblin is kind of pinky-purple and I have 55AP remaining but when I select 'Smoke' it tells me "no reason to use it" and I'm only like 5-6 steps away from the entrance but every direction I go I end up in a battle :(
#6ThEmrsmnNinKttyPosted 8/14/2010 10:20:23 AM
remember this game's encounter rate is very high, u can't expect smoke to repel monsters like on Pokémon, it's meant to lower the encounter rate.

i've also noticed that the random chances of u going in to battle is roulette type, i usually abuse savestates just to avoid battles, but i don't think it will get rid of the frustration.

But then again, the only way i know to fix this freezing problem is to save at a statue, reset and reload from that file. i dunno, even i dunno if this'll help at all.
---
#7JanitorPosted 8/14/2010 4:46:39 PM
Is it the ROM with the cheat menu at the beginning? I had some problems with that one freezing on me in certain places, so I just got a different ROM, changed the name of my save to match the new ROM, and continued my game from there.
---
Member of SEM
#8TheMatrixRemix(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2010 1:14:36 PM
It's a "zsnesw151" and it has 5 options to choose from (Cheat being 3rd/middle option) and has 'Add Code; Browse; Search' as sub options.

I downloaded this version ("Breath_of_Fire_II.zip" 1712kb - this is the current version that started to freeze in the Uparupa Cave) after having difficulty using this "Breath_of_Fire_II_(Europe)" 1706kb version as the game kept freezing before I'd even started

I dunno if any of this info may be useful to solving my problem
#9TheMatrixRemix(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2010 8:52:38 AM
PROBLEM SOLVED!

I pressed F4 to load my save point and went into options and selected "No" for sounds and after that I could walk freer than an armadillo lol
#10ThEmrsmnNinKttyPosted 8/18/2010 1:37:27 PM
Well good for u, u can pat urself on the back now.
---