Uparupa Cave

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: TheMatrixRemix

TheMatrixRemix
6 years ago#1
I seem to have this problem. I have been using my ZSNES for a while now but am stuck on BOF2. Trouble is, everytime I play the game now, it freezes. At the moment I have saved my location in the Uparupa cave but whenever I fight or after I've had a battle, the game freezes and am really off my head cos I'd like to play this game a bit more. If anyone has any answers, I would really appreciate it thanks. I just don't wish to start all over again and spend hours on it like I did before.

User Info: ThEmrsmnNinKtty

ThEmrsmnNinKtty
6 years ago#2
^Happens with the Snes9x too, this doesn't help much but my guess to u're problem is that you entered a Huntsville bush, brought up the sub menu to saved on a savestate and played it from there.
The Embarrassment Ninja Kitty:
"L.I.A.R.S. (Limited Internet Access Really Sucks)"

TheMatrixRemix
6 years ago#3
I've just managed to make a few more steps closer to the entrance of the cave by using Ryu's smoke magic but it's a bummer it won't let me use it again :(

ThEmrsmnNinKtty
6 years ago#4
isn't the spell still in effect, if it is, then the little goblin indicating a dungeon should be purple.

TheMatrixRemix
6 years ago#5
The goblin is kind of pinky-purple and I have 55AP remaining but when I select 'Smoke' it tells me "no reason to use it" and I'm only like 5-6 steps away from the entrance but every direction I go I end up in a battle :(

ThEmrsmnNinKtty
6 years ago#6
remember this game's encounter rate is very high, u can't expect smoke to repel monsters like on Pokémon, it's meant to lower the encounter rate.

i've also noticed that the random chances of u going in to battle is roulette type, i usually abuse savestates just to avoid battles, but i don't think it will get rid of the frustration.

But then again, the only way i know to fix this freezing problem is to save at a statue, reset and reload from that file. i dunno, even i dunno if this'll help at all.

User Info: Janitor

Janitor
6 years ago#7
Is it the ROM with the cheat menu at the beginning? I had some problems with that one freezing on me in certain places, so I just got a different ROM, changed the name of my save to match the new ROM, and continued my game from there.
Member of SEM

TheMatrixRemix
6 years ago#8
It's a "zsnesw151" and it has 5 options to choose from (Cheat being 3rd/middle option) and has 'Add Code; Browse; Search' as sub options.

I downloaded this version ("Breath_of_Fire_II.zip" 1712kb - this is the current version that started to freeze in the Uparupa Cave) after having difficulty using this "Breath_of_Fire_II_(Europe)" 1706kb version as the game kept freezing before I'd even started

I dunno if any of this info may be useful to solving my problem

TheMatrixRemix
6 years ago#9
PROBLEM SOLVED!

I pressed F4 to load my save point and went into options and selected "No" for sounds and after that I could walk freer than an armadillo lol

ThEmrsmnNinKtty
6 years ago#10
Well good for u, u can pat urself on the back now.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived