Safe Helm vs Swallow

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Chrono Trigger
  3. Safe Helm vs Swallow

User Info: Suikoden420

Suikoden420
8 years ago#1
Which one do you usually pick? I usually go with the Safe Helm, but for some reason I can't decide right now.
Think Big, Drink Big. Colt 45

User Info: theonyxphoenix

theonyxphoenix
8 years ago#2
The Safe Helm stays useful much longer than the Swallow, IIRC.

User Info: Nota214

Nota214
8 years ago#3
I usually go swallow on a new game now. Since I never use either in new game+ I don't feel it really makes any difference so I just choose the one that kills faster and with a 30% chance to crit it's a rather significant upgrade over the aeon blade.

User Info: Samholy

Samholy
8 years ago#4
the safe helm !!
simply do the rainbow subquest and you'll get a major best weapon in the game.
and that safe helm will still be useful afterward.

unless youre an item collector, which i doubt since you dont wanna go to a game+, just take the helm.
YEAH! Les Canadiens ont battu un records de points depuis longtemps !! Go HABS Go !!!
samholy.deviantart.com

User Info: Chirpy13

Chirpy13
8 years ago#5
Safe for reasons stated above, however, I don't use either once I have a third haste helm.
`.,,.`.`. Chirpy13 .`.`.,,.
RSN: Chirpy13 ~ CB: 136 ~ ST: 2038 ~ EXP: 160M ~ 99/99 Prayer ~ 8/24 99s

User Info: SuperSailorMoon

SuperSailorMoon
8 years ago#6
Since I play continues New Game+ runs I go Swallow on first run, then Safe Helm on second run.
Male...female....... What's the difference? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power! Flea(Chrono Trigger) Dofus=???Tofu???

User Info: Gaming_Mastery

Gaming_Mastery
8 years ago#7
I say safe helm. Swallow gets obsolete.

I played the game 'til I got thre safe helms and 3 prism dresses.

User Info: Prism Weapon

Prism Weapon
8 years ago#8
safe helm is powerful

User Info: Then00bAvenger

Then00bAvenger
8 years ago#9
Swallow is only useful for like 2(fairly long) dungeons. Safe Helm is useful for... well, only one battle in the game really
A refusal of praise is a desire to be praised twice.

User Info: r0xm2n

r0xm2n
8 years ago#10
I've chosen both options before. I like the Swallow. The Swallow has a really high attack power (+50 over anything you might have, if you get it at the earliest moment) and a higher critical hit rate (35%).
You'll use that sword until you get the Rainbow, and even then, the Swallow has a nice +3 Speed that the Rainbow doesn't have.

Others argue that Safe Helm doesn't become potentially obsolete like the Swallow does, and they're right. Safe Helm helps Marles/Luccas bad defense. Thing is, I never needed Safe Helm because there are items that give Protect and Shell, and Swallow owned while I still used it.
  1. Boards
  2. Chrono Trigger
  3. Safe Helm vs Swallow

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived