This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Frogs human form playable

#1GoronguyPosted 7/26/2009 10:55:54 PM
They should´ve made Frog´s human form playable. I mean if Magus joined your team, why didn´t he take his spell off Frog? Didn´t they even think of mentioning that? Or at least when he is about to join your team and frog is your leader, you fight him 1 on 1 by saying yes to his question ¨do you want to fight me?¨ After you beat him he doesn´t join your team, but Frog goes human, has a bunch of stat increases, and learns a new move that is his most powerful, like ¨Geyser¨or ¨Tidal Wave¨or something.
---
Diamond: 1763-0865-2557 Name: ROB
My other accounts are Zoraboy and Dekurunt.
#2Delta123456789Posted 7/27/2009 12:40:20 AM
Come on, isn't it more fun to have a giant amphibian in your party? Anyway, if you think about it it would mean spriting a whole new character (something CE made a good attempt at before ultimately sticking with the original). Furthermore making it compulsory to kill Magus to get frog's best move seems kinda bad. I prefer it this way where there is no penalty for your decision, so you can get everything in a single play.

As for why it sticks around, it is clearly a powerful spell and doesn't seem that much of a stretch not to have it end immediately (doesn't Magus say it will eventually if you kill him?).
---
"The Dream of Zeal is alive." - In memory of Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes
#3DekuruntPosted 7/27/2009 7:30:24 AM
True, I´d also like to get everything on first playthrough (which is one reason I don´t like Chrono Cross), but I´d still like to play as him. I´d copy a save around that point and have one with Magus and another with Frog.
---
Diamond: 1763-0865-2557 ROB
My other accounts are Goronguy and Zoraboy.
#4BradoshadoPosted 7/27/2009 10:15:00 AM
The power to transform something is different from the power to repair something. Just because you can change something one way doesn't mean you can always bring it back that easily. The nature of magic is never all that discussed in CT (mostly cause it's really unimportant, the nature of it at least.) But I have the power to toast bread, doesn't mean I can also return it to regular bread.

That said, if Magus dies the spell wears off. So maybe since it is a curse, the spell is directly attached to the caster. So if Magus cast curses on 50 people...and he died...they'd all be lifted?

Final note: Magus had no reason to learn counter curses. He was concerned about only destructive power gain. So it might be a matter of Magus not knowing how. Or.......he just doesn't really give a ****. Cause he rocks.
---
There do many failures within KotOR, but this was the most game to Original X-Box." - gandob
KOTOR = the most game ever
#5FaustWolfPosted 7/27/2009 10:22:31 AM
Human Glenn would have been fully playable in the final version of CE; the core team was in the midst of a huge last-minute sprint to get him in when the C&D hit. You can see the spritesheet finished by the CE team in Video 90 of the "Month That Could Have Been."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weSdduAeQUc#t=06m02s
#6nickzero100Posted 7/29/2009 2:51:51 AM
^^^Okay now i am even more pissed.
---
You can't spell Assassin without "ass". Twice. ~ CmaBoy
#7Rennik RepotsirPosted 8/7/2009 10:45:46 AM
I do agree. Having a human version Glenn that makes up for killing Magus, but nothing that merits you to always choose to kill him.

Would have made that decision to kill Magus on the 2nd playthrough worthwhile.

I prefer it this way where there is no penalty for your decision, so you can get everything in a single play.

There is a penalty if you choose to kill Magus but there is no penalty if you keep him alive.
---
A Dm A F C A Dm
There is a 99% chance that I don't care enough to reply back. So, lets just agree to disagree.
#8menschmaschine5Posted 8/8/2009 11:16:56 AM
Frog's fighting style would have had to change completely if they made his human form playable. Many of his techs are based on his... condition.
#9sumostickfigurePosted 8/8/2009 11:18:00 AM

Frog's fighting style would have had to change completely if they made his human form playable. Many of his techs are based on his... condition.

I think many people here would like to see Glenn use slurp.
---
Nintendo Wasting your AA batteries since 1989
http://s417.photobucket.com/albums/pp257/sumostickfigure/th_Nightanim1.gif
#10FaustWolfPosted 8/8/2009 6:46:16 PM
Haha, my initial suggestion for handling "Slurp" was to have Glenn use an animation that would make it look like he was lasso'ing the enemy. What would you guys have thought of that? Utterly lame or totally awesome? Maybe a frame with a cowboy hat could have been made...also, it would have entailed Glenn giving up his low-level healing tech, so maybe a generic, less frog-tastic healing tech would have ended up taking its place.