This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ok, so let's be honest... Crimson Echoes or Flames of Eternity?

#1quittaboi78Posted 4/10/2012 12:06:54 PM(edited)
From what I understand, the Crimson Echoes team is kind of peeved at the Flames of Eternity guys for continuing their project and taking it in a slightly different direction, but supposedly the latest Flames of Eternity is completely bugfixed and is more polished than the 98% Crimson Echoes game (plus there will continue to be updates to Flames of Eternity, whereas Crimson Echoes will remain as it is).

Also, which one is further along? The leaked 99% Crimson Echoes or Flames of Eternity RC7? And was Flames of Eternity based on the "final" Crimson Echoes or the earlier version?
---
Whoever started using the word "canon" in this context, anyway?
I hear it all the time now, and I'd like to slap him. - Green Gibbon!
#2quittaboi78(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2012 12:43:50 PM
Nevermind, I saw one of the new endings and the spelling errors in Flames of Eternity made my eyes bleed...ouch. I think I answered my own question, unless they've significantly improved in RC7/8 and that was an outdated version...
---
Whoever started using the word "canon" in this context, anyway?
I hear it all the time now, and I'd like to slap him. - Green Gibbon!
#3Sanae_KochiyaPosted 4/14/2012 9:30:05 AM
Honestly, I just decided to pretend FoE doesn't exist. Taking someone else's project, "finishing" it, and then claiming it as your own is a pretty dick move. The fact that it went in another direction just made it worse, since it's not even what the original authors wanted it to be anymore.
---
I'm a good girl!
#4CyosisCMRPosted 4/14/2012 2:51:46 PM
I have played through CE and I believe it to be the 98% finished version. I have not yet heard of the other hack but would be willing to take a look at it when and if it is finished. CE was a really great non-canon sequel though. Too bad there were obviously somethings that just didn't get entirely finished but at least you can play through and beat the game.
---
-Klaviaturist-Keyboardist