I have heard watching movies is haram during ramadan.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Prince of Persia
  3. I have heard watching movies is haram during ramadan.
7 years ago#1
Is there any truth to this? If so, why? I mean, if the reasoning is that you could be spending your time reading qur'an or something, then that could really be used ot ban every activity.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/DRGXPW/13973645.jpg
7 years ago#2
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
7 years ago#3
During darkness it's ok.
7 years ago#4
I dunno. If people classify it as haram outside of Ramadan, then it will be haram during Ramadan. If people say its allowed outside of Ramadan, I don't see how Ramadan makes it haram.

Nonetheless, you shouldn't waste Ramadan watching movies or sleeping all day or the like, whether or not its haram.
7 years ago#5
If you just sleep from sunrise to sunset god is like "lol you outsmarted me" and lets you into heaven anyway when you die.
7 years ago#6
It would suck having to wake up for each of the five prayers. I can't imagine it would be all that restful.
'I think all the liberals here are secretly recruiters for the US army.' - X5Dragon
Believe in yourself: remember, the day you were born, you made a woman cry.
7 years ago#7
I watched The Good The Bad and The Ugly last night. Am I in trouble because of it?
Is he a man or a machine? Kayno187 is the name
7 years ago#8
I'll go with Dbzmaniax.

By the way, how is your first Ramadan?
It isn't always bad to be mad,It is bad to be always mad.
7 years ago#9
apparnatly its haram to listen to music during ramadan. sigh.
"Tell me, what is it you cherish most in this world? Will you give me the pleasure of taking it away?" - Sephiroth, FF7:AC.
7 years ago#10

apparnatly its haram to listen to music during ramadan. sigh.

I dunno. If people classify it as haram outside of Ramadan, then it will be haram during Ramadan. If people say its allowed outside of Ramadan, I don't see how Ramadan makes it haram.

I'm liking it. It's like your generic x is haram during Ramadan response.

Personally I subscribe to the opinion that music is haram full stop, be it Ramadan or not (recommends The End of Music by Kamal Mekki), so I really don't listen to music at all.

Makes me an annoying passenger, that's for sure.
  1. Boards
  2. Prince of Persia
  3. I have heard watching movies is haram during ramadan.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived