Marathon Man

#1nomad_muPosted 2/15/2008 8:33:02 PM
The marathon man, also called the running man, I've heard that you can't beat him in a race to the lost woods, but due to stupidity. I talked to him and started the race, when I left the tent, (old Link) I hopped on epeona( Is that right?) and made a mad run for the woods, I managed to get there five seconds before his time. Is this race really that hard? or was I just lucky?
---
There is no such thing as over kill, just sufficient fire power...
#2TeamGoGettersPosted 2/15/2008 10:22:14 PM
O_O
---
Read the legend of zelda stories located in the master quest GC version they are great. see quote for link.
#3SaltySumoPosted 2/16/2008 6:06:26 AM
Sure you did(!)

Did you know I rule the world?

Oh hang on that is a lie just like that was simply cause YOU CANNOT EVER EVEN IF TIME STOPS BEAT HIM.
---
Richter Belmont : You steal men's souls, and make them your slaves!
Dracula : Perhaps the same can be said of all religions
#4nomad_mu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2008 10:40:04 AM
Use the horse, have it sitting right outside the tent and aimed at the bridge, and take as many short cuts as possible, he can be beat, it's just hard.

Also, what is the point of those three (four?) stones out side the temple of time? they sit in front of a fence with a road behind it, but as far as I know they never move. Does something happen in the story line to move them? Or are the just for show.
---
#5SaltySumoPosted 2/16/2008 12:34:20 PM
Take shortcuts (?) Right (!)

Your just trolling.
---
Richter Belmont : You steal men's souls, and make them your slaves!
Dracula : Perhaps the same can be said of all religions
#6nomad_mu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2008 10:03:23 PM
Believe me or not. I don't care.

Still what about those stones?
---
#7kirbymuncherPosted 2/17/2008 4:18:48 AM
They just sit there.
---
^Well, your stats aren't great either. Your attack is sub-par and your speed is quite laughable. - mbollige
#8Smash__GalPosted 2/17/2008 1:55:05 PM
Dude, Nintendo CLEARLY stated that you CANNOT beat the running man. EVEN IF YOU GET A TIME OF 0:00 HE'LL STILL BEAT YOU! (You use action replay to do so.) Nintendo said that they made the running man so that you can just find your way across Hyrule faster. YOU CANNOT BEAT HIM! Don't start saying that you can, YOU CAN'T!

And those rocks, they're called Gossip Stones. If you have the Mask of Truth, (which you will need to do my completing the Happy Mask Salesman quest as a child) you can read through the stones, and they'll tell you interessting stuff. (Or some times useless stuff. Just random information, if you know what I mean.)
---
Wolves ROCK!!! "Oh...*takes out huge gun* You mean my huge and improved RPG that can turn into a Traser at will?"-White Power Fang
#9HbombFreakPosted 2/17/2008 3:46:42 PM
Hello again nomad.

It's pointless you know, you can tell them all you want that you beat him, they won't believe you...
You might as well close this topic.

Smash__Gal, where did they say you can't beat him? I've heard people say you can't but I've never heard it from Nintendo.
I'd like to find out more.
---
A great deal of talent is lost for want of a little courage...
#10MDS13Posted 2/24/2008 7:46:22 AM
Beating him is easy,I HAVE DONE IT!So SHUT UP ALREADY!And Smash_Girl PROVE IT!Unless you can read peoples minds,how do you know what people did or not?
---
Lucky Number:666, odds are,you're gonna die!