this game is just unplayable now

#1ZiktenPosted 6/14/2010 1:36:03 AM
It's a shame, cause I remember messing around with it a little bit when I was younger. And now that I can appreciate these types of games, I wanted to go back and play it. But on dosbox it just sucks. I can't get the sound to work. and it lags like hell. Took me forever just to make my guy turn around in the dungeon in the opening screen. So that's as far as I got and turned it off. also why do Khajits look like humans? is that a glitch? I picked khajit, but my guy looked human. wtf
#2PurestProdigyPosted 6/21/2010 6:28:28 PM
To completely get rid of the lag hit CTRL-F12 a few times until you see the number hit around 15000. Yeah, I wanted to marathon through the Elder Scrolls series but the game is too hard. Like I was getting destroyed by most of the enemies and couldn't get anything done.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#3LocutisofBorgPosted 6/23/2010 8:28:58 PM

Trying to play through it. Finally made it out of the first dungeon-why is the town so massive? And it's night, with monsters roaming the streets!

#4Vanta2007Posted 6/26/2010 10:53:11 AM
When your talking about the town size, do you mean when you leave the city gates? if so its because its randomly generated and i think it goes on forever, you can only arrive at a new town by selling fast travel.

God Bless you! Jesus Loves you :)
#5PurestProdigyPosted 6/27/2010 3:39:24 PM

When your talking about the town size, do you mean when you leave the city gates? if so its because its randomly generated and i think it goes on forever, you can only arrive at a new town by selling fast travel.

God Bless you! Jesus Loves you :)

It's not randomly generated you can actually travel to different places. It takes hours and you don't see much but it is possible. I remember hearing something about that it would take 2 weeks real time to traverse the world map in this game.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#6putnamehere3145Posted 7/8/2010 2:00:32 AM
I think that's Daggerfall >_>
---
{{Putnam}}
#7JaydubewwPosted 7/21/2010 1:47:22 PM

Yep, thats daggerfall. If your interested in daggerfall, checkout daggerxl: http://daggerxl.wordpress.com/

#8AlbinoSpaceMonkPosted 8/10/2010 12:36:18 PM
I'm playing it just fine. It's your computer or setup or whatever, not the game.

In fact, it runs too fast on my computer. I have to use a program called MoSlo to stop it moving so fast that I die instantly when I run into an enemy (from it attacking repeatedly).
---
The monkey's a girl!