Modifying attack power of specials/supers

#1SabliciousPosted 12/11/2007 10:59:48 PM
How does one go about adjusting the damage a particular move does? I don't mean the overall 'attack' or 'power' rating (in the CNS file), I mean the power of a specific move.

For example, I want to change Vega's (the Spanish, mask wearing one aka 'Balrog') Izuna Drop Level 3 super to be markedly more powerful than it's level 1 & 2 equivalents (...which it isn't at the moment).
I tried to edit various parameters that SEEMED to be applicable in the character's command script but achieved only glitchy seemingly unrelated results! o_0

A li'l help... : /

(PS: Do both the original AND back files need to be altered when using the 'dos2win' conversion app. for changes to take effect?)
---
Official member of The Organisation For the Prohibition Of The Procreation Of Bogans (TOFTPOTPOB).
#2sonicteam2k1Posted 12/18/2007 2:48:31 PM
you go into the CNS files and find the "hitdef" section of each move, this is the "hit definition"

find the line that reads "damage" and you adjust from there. Sometimes there are two numbers, one for guard damage and one for hit damage, it will read something like 40,5 with the second number being the guard damage, if I remember correctly.
---
See The Game Collection @ http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&lid=100018&owner=nights_team2k7&mode=vown
Xbox Live Gamertag: Toph Bei Fong
#3sonicteam2k1Posted 12/18/2007 2:49:37 PM
oh, and sometimes you'll need to find the ST file of moves. Depending on the author, it may be difficult to find the damage values of the attack. Also you only need to modify the main file, not the backup
---
See The Game Collection @ http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&lid=100018&owner=nights_team2k7&mode=vown
#4Sablicious(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2007 6:05:29 AM
I tried your suggestion but the parameters I find under hitdef> damage are more akin to this... garble(!)-
"Floor(28 * IfElse(Var(31) = 0,1,IfElse(Var(31) = -1,1.2,0.8))),Floor(28 * IfElse(Var(31) = 0,0.125,IfElse(Var(31) = -1,0.3,0.05)))"
This^ doesn't look much like "50,0"... o_0

What part (if any) of this script relates the damage of the move?
(Where do I find the "ST" file?... did you mean 'SFF'?)

Do you have a link you could share for a tutorial on this aspect of MUGEN?
---
Official member of The Organisation For the Prohibition Of The Procreation Of Bogans (TOFTPOTPOB).
#5sonicteam2k1Posted 12/26/2007 12:15:43 PM
no, sometimes with CNS files, they're sometimes names ST files, but they act the same way as CNS files. I think SFF has to do with spriting and animation. Every character you run across may be a little different. Hence why you didn't just see damage = random number, random number

Ok, you see in the line where you see the number 28 and the little * next to it? Try changing that number (28) and see what happens.

Also, visit www.infinitymugenteam.com, sign up for the forums and there is a lot of good help there. You can post this problem in the help section.
---
#6Sablicious(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2008 7:14:35 PM
I've managed to change the move (Izuna Drop) to be the most powerful, as I desired. But I had to change ALL the numbers preceding the asterisk (*) for that given move for the damage to increase. And curiously, it seems the first slam (there are 4 at Lv3 FYI) that takes appreciably more than before the changes, rather than the increase taking place across the entire move evenly... but meh! It works so I'm happy! : )

Thanks for your help bud! If you're in need of any characters (that I am in possession or know of, let me know ; )
(...and if you know where to get 'God Orochi', 'Gaira' or 'Earthquake' (SS) then... heh-heh!)

PS: I'm a member at Infinity now (I use their screen pack in fact) so I won't litter GF with my trivial questions from now on.

---