Using the Angel Ring

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Gaiden
  3. Using the Angel Ring

User Info: ultpaladin

ultpaladin
7 years ago#1
I read on one of the FAQs that the Angel Ring that one of the Pegasus knights has gives the character bonuses when they go up a level. First, is this true and if it is, would the same bonuses result if I passed it between characters.

User Info: Raas Earl

Raas Earl
7 years ago#2
Angel Ring doubles the stat boosts of *wearer* upon level up.

Try to save state before attacking a foe (if you are playing via emulator) and pray that up to 3 stat boosts jump up the screen for grinding stats.

The Angel Ring is the optimal apparatus for getting character stats to god class (HP:52 Others:40).

There is a unholy rare chance that Thieves in the Thief Shrine will drop this gem (1/255).

Enjoy!

User Info: Artemis251

Artemis251
7 years ago#3
Ahh, so that's the drop rate. Where did you get that number? I'd love to see what everything can drop, and I really need to trigger the text when your item list is too full. I've gotten a handful of Steel Shields from zombies, but if there's something easier, I'd love to know!
AC:CF info: Artemis in Freejia
1934-4283-3321

Raas Earl
7 years ago#4
You know what?

I've played this game so many times until I have realized this as a gist.

There was a time where I got TWO Ankokuken (The ATK+13 one) from two Skeletons at Geese Fortress.

On another play-through, I got TWO Hagane Shields from two Zombies from Kitoushis spawning from Mira Shrine.

I failed to notice what turn it was, but I have a hunch that the turn count may help influence and determine drops from enemies. e.g. At Turn XXX, TWO YYY will be dropped. If I vanquished two thieves, I got two Angel Rings!

However, I am too busy to testify this. Disregarding this is fine.

User Info: Artemis251

Artemis251
7 years ago#5
No, that won't work. I've tried manipulating the RNG to get better stat stuff, and the pool for item drops comes from the same RNG as everything else. I had a Zombie drop a Steel Shield in one load and not drop it in 3 other loads from the same place with different time between them. Thus, you just got lucky, I'm afraid. :(
AC:CF info: Artemis in Freejia
1934-4283-3321

Raas Earl
7 years ago#6
Yeah.

I got lucky.

<u>Drops in FEG are just a PITA.</u>

A list of what I obtained in past playthroughs:
- Hagane Shield (Zombies and Mummies) [0.258% Rate]
- Dark Sword (Skeletons) [0.098% Rate]
- Hero Sword (Witches) [0.055% Rate]
- Dragon Shield (Dragon Zombies) [0.055% Rate]
- Moonlight Lance (Majins) [0.258% Rate]

Those I have yet to obtain:
- Angel Ring (Thieves) [0.011% Rate] !!!
- Sun Lance (Biggles) [0.055% Rate]
- Shooting Star (Gargoyles) [0.014% Rate]
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Gaiden
  3. Using the Angel Ring

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived