What happened to the request thread?

#1Raas EarlPosted 11/8/2009 10:08:10 PM
There used to be another thread that answers all sorts of requests. Now it has disappeared. Well, I have started a new one. Just ask and someone may answer! (^_^)
#2BintaPosted 11/8/2009 10:59:55 PM
How do you read those stat growth percentage charts? Is it the chance that stat will go up on a levelup? I don't think that's how much percent the stat increases from its original, since 35% strength for Alm doesn't make sense because by level 20 he usually has at least 18 strength for me.
---
"If drumsticks are for playing drums, you'd think breadsticks would be for playing bread, wouldn't you?" ~George Carlin
#3Raas Earl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2009 1:25:16 AM
Binta: The Growth Rate Percentage Charts state the possibilities of a stat growth in each level up. The higher numbers indicate a better chance of increase in each mentioned stat.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe2/char_growth.html

The given url address above compiles both stat growth percentage of Alm's and Celica's parties respectively. However, they are not clear. Please refer to the below given url address:

http://www.pegasusknight.com/mb/fe2/ud_pergrow.html

This website is in Japanese, but the chart is clearer as it has the "%" symbol indicating that the chart states 'tentative' possibilities for an increase in statuses upon leveling up.

Note: The status gains can be controlled by utilizing the save state/ load state feature in the emulator. Just save state before commencing attack on a foe on the map screen at a character that is going to level up from that action.

Trivia: I think you might already know. For the Spells Recover and Reblow, in the animation screen when the action is executed a rapid tap in the "A" button can result in another heal. (^_^)
#4BintaPosted 11/11/2009 8:34:29 AM
I wonder if this game, like the original, uses the same system. Meaning each character's levelups have several "patterns", just some patterns gain certain stats more often than others.

Here's an example, these aren't the actual patterns for any character, but I tested it with save states on the original Fire Emblem.
Pattern A: +1 strength, +1 defense
Pattern B: +1 HP
Pattern C: +1 skill, +1 speed, +1 HP
Pattern D: Nothing

A character will gain bonuses from a set pattern, not a random bonus. Each character has different patterns, and some have a bonus in a certain stat more than other characters. Of course it's cheating, but you could conceivably make Jeigan a decent character without item bonuses.
---
"If drumsticks are for playing drums, you'd think breadsticks would be for playing bread, wouldn't you?" ~George Carlin
#5BintaPosted 11/13/2009 9:30:53 AM
What do you think of my new tier lists? Starting with Alm's army

Top Tier
Alm (especially once he gets his weapons and promotion, he rules)

High Tier
Clea (hard to level and she isn't much until promotion, but then she's one of the best)
Tita (I can't imagine beating the game without her Reserve spell)
Cliff (starts out terrible but ends up great)
Luka (excellent as a roadblock)
Fols (another good roadblock)
Dyute (perhaps the best offensive mage in the game)

Mid Tier
Zeke (has more potential than Mycen, but starts out lower)
Mycen (he's a Jeigan, but in a good way)
Matilda (good stats and high magic defense, but attack power seems somewhat low)
Silk (only healer in this army for the first 3/4 of the game, so she helps)
Python (strong archer, if a bit lacking in agility)

Low Tier
Grey (decent, just outclassed by the better characters)
Ryuto (useful when you first get him, but not much shortly after)
Cleve (he's almost a Jeigan)

Crap Tier
Robin (I shouldn't have to explain this one)

.....And now for Cellica's army

Top Tier
Katria (very fast, strong enough, benefits from pegasus/falcon)
Paola (stronger but slower, still has Katria's benefits)

High Tier
Est (starts out low and hard to train, but it's more than worth it)
Jeni (only reliable healer in this army, so she ranks high)
Cellica (well-rounded, if a bit lacking in HP)
Savor (he can almost be as good as Oguma)
Valbo (BY FAR the strongest character physically. Only one problem - NO MAGIC DEFENSE!)
Dean (I'd choose him over Sonia anyday)

Mid Tier
Atlas (somewhat strong, you can also customize him)
Leo (good archer, place him behind Valbo and he can really do some damage)
Sonia (good mage, but ranks lower because she comes at the cost of Dean)

Low Tier
Kamui (strong attacks, but not much for tanking and Savor's better anyways)
May (good for the first half of the game, but gets outclassed by better characters)

Crap Tier
Norma (unfortunately he's a Jeigan, and not in a good way like how Mycen is)
Boey (high HP/defense for a mage, but not much else)
---
#6Raas Earl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2009 12:02:24 AM
Alm's Revolutionary Army
Top Tier
Alm (especially once he gets his weapons and promotion, he rules) --> Maybe move him down to High Tier

High Tier
Clea
Cliff (starts out terrible but ends up great) --> Move him up to Top Tier
Luka (excellent as a roadblock)
Fols (another good roadblock)
Dyute (perhaps the best offensive mage in the game)

Mid Tier
Matilda (good stats and high magic defense, but attack power seems somewhat low)
Silk (only healer in this army for the first 3/4 of the game, so she helps) --> Her ATK can shoot up to 40!
Python (strong archer, if a bit lacking in agility) --> His ATK can shoot up to 40!

Low Tier
Grey (decent, just outclassed by the better characters) --> Promote him carefully and he can be moved to High Tier. He's actually got high ATK.
Ryuto (useful when you first get him, but not much shortly after) --> He's useful. His Excalibur Magic has 30% rate of critical. Move him to Mid Tier?
Cleve (he's almost a Jeigan) --> Move to High Tier. He's decent, not even mediocre in terms of ATK.

Crap Tier
Robin (I shouldn't have to explain this one) --> He's not crap. Grind him properly and he gets 40 in all statuses.

Cellica's Army

Top Tier
Katria (very fast, strong enough, benefits from pegasus/falcon)
Paola (stronger but slower, still has Katria's benefits)

High Tier
Est (starts out low and hard to train, but it's more than worth it) --> She's Top Tier. Her status gains are like Cliff's. In no time time, she shoots up to 40 in all!
Jeni (only reliable healer in this army, so she ranks high)
Cellica (well-rounded, if a bit lacking in HP)
Savor (he can almost be as good as Oguma)
Valbo (BY FAR the strongest character physically. Only one problem - NO MAGIC DEFENSE!) --> He's actually the fastest Baron you can ever have.
Dean (I'd choose him over Sonia anyday)

Mid Tier
Atlas (somewhat strong, you can also customize him) --> He can be High Tier. His ATK is high.
Leo (good archer, place him behind Valbo and he can really do some damage) --> Train him properly and see him in Hight Tier.
Sonia (good mage, but ranks lower because she comes at the cost of Dean) --> She's not Mid Tier. I deem her high as her status is better than May in terms of defense.

Low Tier
Kamui (strong attacks, but not much for tanking and Savor's better anyways) --> He's not as strong a Savor for sure, but he can be better. So Mid Tier.
May (good for the first half of the game, but gets outclassed by better characters) --> She's Mid Tier, due to her insanely high ATK but low defense.

Crap Tier
Norma (unfortunately he's a Jeigan, and not in a good way like how Mycen is)
Boey (high HP/defense for a mage, but not much else) --> He's actually a non-magic foe crusher. His high defense makes it difficult for foes to get by physically. His Excalibur Magic, which has a 30% chance critical, can shred bigles into meat dices. Promote him to a sage and he's invincible. So High Tier.

These are my humble opinions. Do keep in mind that I am a serious grinder and that makes all characters no lesser than Mid Tier. Even Jeigans like Mycen and Norma can be beefed up if grinded with care. (^_^)

So for me, all characters that start out with Villager/ Mercenary/ Swordsman/ Mage Killer are Top Tier as I grind them to 40 all. From all of them Cliff and Est stand out as invincible because of their insane stat gains. The protagonists are High Tier and the designated class units are either Upper High or Lower High and the Jeigans Mid.

Sorry if I do not agree with some views. You can share your reasons with me though and we can compromise somewhere in the middle. (^_^)
#7BintaPosted 11/14/2009 9:42:30 AM
It's okay, everyone has their own opinions. Though I think it's unfair to rate Robin higher than some of the others since you can VIllager->Mercenary->Swordsman->Mage Killer->repeat to get his stats to 40. I grind a little bit if I'm having trouble with a certain battle, but I still rank the characters the way most people would probably experience them. I seriously doubt many people have that kind of patience, especially when it comes to training Robin.
---
#8BintaPosted 11/14/2009 9:43:42 AM
Ah whoops I just realized I forgot Jesse on Cellica's army. I don't know where I'd rank him. Mid or low perhaps?
---
#9Raas Earl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2009 9:36:27 PM
Jesse's status increases are similar to of Est's or Cliff's, so IMHO, he is deemed Top Tier [Grinded]. Otherwise place him at High. In many of my playthroughs, his SKILL goes up pretty high and that enables him to critical hit quite often. The only downside is that his ATK is rather low, reducing his usefulness as an offensive unit. However, his decent defense renders him a brick wall and I sometimes employ him as a shield for defense-weak units to help them gain levels.

I grind with the save state technique for the highest status increasing pattern accompanied with the Angel Ring. So I think grinding most characters like Robin, with the exception of Jeigans, would not pose much problems. (^_^)
#10Kuji_AkimiraPosted 11/15/2009 8:09:04 AM
Mk, let's have a look :D

Top Tier
Alm (especially once he gets his weapons and promotion, he rules) --> Maybe move him down to High Tier
You mind telling us why the God character should move down?

High Tier
Clea
Cliff (starts out terrible but ends up great) --> Move him up to Top Tier
Agreed, but at least give a reason! Even if we all know that Cliff is godly!
Luka (excellent as a roadblock) His defense still isn't that great... but he's got better skl/def that Fols, i suppose. I just don't like Luka/Ruka. I dunno why.
Fols (another good roadblock) More like a good tank. 40% str growth. Yeah. 10% def though.
Dyute (perhaps the best offensive mage in the game) Reason: 50% mag growth. Yeah.

Mid Tier
Atk is actually one of her better growths. Maybe you just always get unlucky?
Silk (only healer in this army for the first 3/4 of the game, so she helps) --> Her ATK can shoot up to 40! With 30% growth and 8 base, this isn't too likely.
Python (strong archer, if a bit lacking in agility) --> His ATK can shoot up to 40! Again, 40% and 10 base strength, not too likely. But it might end up in the thirties! Also, lacks both speed AND skill.

Low Tier
Grey (decent, just outclassed by the better characters) --> Promote him carefully and he can be moved to High Tier.
Same can be said of any villager. He's actually got high ATK. Agreed.
Ryuto (useful when you first get him, but not much shortly after) --> He's useful. His Excalibur Magic has 30% rate of critical. Move him to Mid Tier? Bird gets Excalibur too. Does that make him useful?
Cleve (he's almost a Jeigan) --> Move to High Tier. He's decent, not even mediocre in terms of ATK. All growths at 20%? He almost sucks.

Crap Tier
Robin (I shouldn't have to explain this one) --> He's not crap. Grind him properly and he gets 40 in all statuses.
Same can be said of any villager. The point of a tier should be that you don't have to grind to beat this damned game with these characters.