Chapter 3: battle with Wolf?

#41Raas EarlPosted 4/4/2011 9:05:08 PM
The Anti-Magic Shield can be used VS Judah. Equip it on a Bow Knight to snipe him down. The Bigles are undead If I am not mistaken. Holy Items can grant you an upper hand against them. You need a Holy Sword, Holy Lance, Holy Shield, Holy Bow, etc. to at least skirmish and survive the onslaughts of regenerating Bigles.

On a side not, you may have realized that not the entire party of both sides are selected for the final battle. The first ten (IIRC) are the ones that will be included for the final showdown. Put the strongest units in those slots for an easier battle.

Who died, and can you post his/her stats? I am curious how vulnerable he/she is...
---
www.vampz.net "Join in this new undead community!"
#42SirIlpalazzo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2011 9:42:06 PM(edited)
I'm playing right now, actually.

You have a good point about giving Python (my only bow knight) the magic shield, he could make good use of it. But he might need the holy bow for good damage.

I did notice that I didn't get my entire parties, but I did get every character who was suited for this battle into it.

The character that died was Celica, I needed her to heal Paola so the approaching bow knight wouldn't have a chance to kill her (Paola), but then Doma used his earthquake attack and Celica became a target (she has 28 HP and 7 defense).

EDIT: I don't think Python can take down Judah without the holy bow, and fighting him without the magic shield is a big risk. I'm probably going to try to kill him with a triangle attack.

EDIT 2: Judah is dead, now I'm going to march on Doma's guards.
---
I am sure people have many nice memories of yelling at their controllers.~Keiji Inafune
#43Raas EarlPosted 4/4/2011 10:46:34 PM
Ah! There is the difference between my method and yours.

I killed Doze in Sofia Castle and got a Dragon Shield. Another Dragon shield was gotten by killing Judah for the first time in the battle where the Bigle was introduced.

One Dragon Shield was given to Celica as I knew defense is not her forte. Another was given to another defensively weak character.

With the DS equipped, Celica became a tank. She can heal and regenerate 5 HP in one turn. Moreover, nothing could really damage her due to the insanely high bonus the DS offers. In the final battle, I placed her beside Alm for their special attack. Imagine how easily Doma fell. Anything that stood in their way were mercilessly hacked down like weeds. (^_^)
---
#44SirIlpalazzo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2011 11:07:14 PM
Yeah, if Celica had been there, the final battle would have gone more smoothly. But I did take down Doma in the end, and I never had a character die.
---
I am sure people have many nice memories of yelling at their controllers.~Keiji Inafune
#45Raas EarlPosted 4/5/2011 4:32:47 AM
Give Celica the Holy Shield. It increases her defense against Bigles. I hope she does not get protection at the expense of other allies.
---
#46SirIlpalazzo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2011 7:03:17 PM
Well, I had already finished the game when I made that post. Celica spent the final battle on the sidelines, and it wasn't necessary to use her considering all of the other strong characters I had by that point.
---
#47Raas EarlPosted 4/7/2011 9:28:43 PM
I thought she was required... She is the main damsel in distress in the final battle...

You can leave her out in the last fight?

I think I need to play this game again.
---
#48SirIlpalazzo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2011 9:58:44 PM
No, I mean I just put her out of the way during most of the final battle.
---
#49Raas EarlPosted 4/8/2011 1:27:45 AM
I am puzzled at how you can leave her out of Doma's Earthquake range. You said a tremor killed her at full health. How did you manage to keep her alive?
---
#50SirIlpalazzo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2011 11:03:05 AM
I was unclear. She died in my first attempt because one of the bow knights next to Doma attacked her (which she would have survived had it not been for Megaquake). I'm pretty sure Megaquake can't actually kill characters on its own, it didn't seem like it could in the fight with Jamil (the sorcerer who also uses it).
---