This is still my favorite FE game.

#11TravelDemonPosted 12/4/2012 4:11:12 PM
That's my story, and I'm sticking with it.
---
I... Drink... Your... Parfait! I drink it all up!
#12violentvitoPosted 12/27/2012 12:06:55 PM
I have to say this is by far the worst of all the Fire Emblem games, I just don't understand the popularity. Here are the reasons, someone please tell me why this game is so popular when it is clearly the worst Fire Emblem of all time, and is one of the worst tactical games of all time.

cons-
-Shortest story and weakest story
-Easiest difficulty if you grind (aka fake difficulty)
-Tons of revivals allowed
-Worst interface of them all
-Lack of auto ending of turns
-Animations off, still cuts to battle scenes
-Ungodly amounts of grinding (needed even if you just do the minimum its to much)
-No class advantage (A Baron will end up with equal defense to a grinded merch, why ever use one?)
-Lack of confirmation so you can promote early or end a chapter before you wanted, thats weak design.
-Lack of normal female units, the game has 1 female unit that is the same class as a male and she is the only combat class female. All the other females are 2 tier magic classes. Why is that, can women not fight?
-Male mage's being way weaker that female ones. Slower level gains and no sword, but same magic. Why is that, can men not use magic equally?
-Game seems to almost be black and white, where is the color?

pros-
-Branching promotions? well kind of not really, only Villagers and merchs can branch out. Merchs have to level forever to do that though so its really not branching promotions. Its rookies who can pick a starting class. FE8 is the first FE with true branching promotions.
-3 tier promotions, yeah that's nice but the magic classes and main characters are missing out so if feels half done.
-Split stories, best part about the game. Imagine if it had a real story to go with it.

Unimportant -
-Map, makes no difference.
-Walking around towns, nothing to do so it doesn't do anything.
#13michaelsoftman(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 7:42:54 PM
Allow me.

cons-
-Shortest story and weakest story
-Easiest difficulty if you grind (aka fake difficulty)

I agree on these two.

-Tons of revivals allowed

I thought there were only 2 in game?

-Worst interface of them all
-Lack of auto ending of turns
-Animations off, still cuts to battle scenes

Yes, but this is an NES game, and an early one at that. It's lacking polish you will find in later FE games.

-Ungodly amounts of grinding (needed even if you just do the minimum its to much)

You can get through the game without grinding that much. Try playing on 'normal' mode to get 2x the exp from normal combat.

-No class advantage (A Baron will end up with equal defense to a grinded merch, why ever use one?)

This is mostly true, except when it comes to resistances, but that goes by character. It only really affects what you want to change a villager into.

-Lack of confirmation so you can promote early or end a chapter before you wanted, thats weak design.

I'm not sure what you mean.

-Lack of normal female units, the game has 1 female unit that is the same class as a male and she is the only combat class female. All the other females are 2 tier magic classes. Why is that, can women not fight?

Celica is a melee female, so is Matilda. But yeah, the rest are all magic users.

-Male mage's being way weaker that female ones. Slower level gains and no sword, but same magic. Why is that, can men not use magic equally?

I always found Ryu to be the best magic user in my playthroughs.

-Game seems to almost be black and white, where is the color?

Now this is just silly, unless you mean the battle screen having no backgrounds.

Unimportant -
-Walking around towns, nothing to do so it doesn't do anything.

Actually, this is false. There are a ton of hidden chests and even a character in the game which you find through secret passages in places. No other FE game has such a thing (though there are hidden shops / items on some maps in later games)
---
Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?
#14Raas EarlPosted 12/29/2012 5:35:18 AM
Other than Ryuto, there is Cliff/Qulyf who has the largest spell inventory. His status growth gains are not to be frowned upon either (HP: 50%, STR: 20%, SKL: 40%, SPD: 50%, LCK: 20%, DEF: 40%).
---
www.vampz.net "Join in this new undead community!"
#15violentvitoPosted 12/29/2012 7:06:26 AM
I thought there were only 2 in game?

2 statues, 6 revivals, 6 too many if you ask me

-Yes, but this is an NES game, and an early one at that. It's lacking polish you will find in later FE games.

Fair enough, but still sucks

-You can get through the game without grinding that much. Try playing on 'normal' mode to get 2x the exp from normal combat.

Still way to much, one of the reasons Fire Emblem is my favorite game series is that there is no grinding.

-This is mostly true, except when it comes to resistances, but that goes by character. It only really affects what you want to change a villager into.

Why use any Barons? The other classes grow just as good of HP and Def with the samr caps. This makes the tank classes useless.

--Lack of confirmation so you can promote early or end a chapter before you wanted, thats weak design.

I'm not sure what you mean.

When you speak to the people who promote Arm and Celica, when you approach chapter ends, etc.

-Celica is a melee female, so is Matilda. But yeah, the rest are all magic users.

Celica is actually a magic class

-I always found Ryu to be the best magic user in my playthroughs.

Sucked on mine but Cliff was awesome, they still level up at a snails pace and the girls get swords and Angel magic.

-Now this is just silly, unless you mean the battle screen having no backgrounds.

It just feels that way, its just so dreary looking.

-Actually, this is false. There are a ton of hidden chests and even a character in the game which you find through secret passages in places. No other FE game has such a thing (though there are hidden shops / items on some maps in later games)

Really where? I found 4 hidden chests 2 of which u had to choose 1 of them only. 1 hidden guy who sucks. They were hardly hidden though it was obvious that a path was around that area. Chests you can see are just items they could have handed to you, there pointless.

Still the popularity is odd FE 4 is way better, not to mention the newer ones.
#16FBike1Posted 12/31/2012 9:59:38 PM
I actually liked FE2 better than FE4, but maybe that's my inner Asian speaking.
---
Sorry for the bump.
#17michaelsoftman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 7:19:34 AM
2 statues, 6 revivals, 6 too many if you ask me

-Ah ok, I agree with that. I thought it was only one revive per statue though.

Still way to much, one of the reasons Fire Emblem is my favorite game series is that there is no grinding.

-If you play this game on the mode with 2x EXP you don't really need to grind at all. You can do all of the chapters / random encounters as they come and you should be fine.

Why use any Barons? The other classes grow just as good of HP and Def with the samr caps. This makes the tank classes useless.

-I agree to a point, the problem isn't the classes but the stat caps. I just don't like Barons myself cause of their low movement.

When you speak to the people who promote Arm and Celica, when you approach chapter ends, etc.

-Ah that's true, they don't warn you about that. But you can generally guess when the chapter ends based on when you can't scroll the map to any location past the final one.

Celica is actually a magic class

-But she uses swords too :P

Sucked on mine but Cliff was awesome, they still level up at a snails pace and the girls get swords and Angel magic.

-Cliff is awesome on every playthrough as any class. And yes, the girls do get Angel magic which is very nice, but my main spell is usually Excalibur due to high accuracy and a crit rate which most other spells don't have. Angel is better against undeads though.

It just feels that way, its just so dreary looking.

-I agree, but FE1 is also this way. NES limitation really. Think of Final Fantasy 1.

Really where? I found 4 hidden chests 2 of which u had to choose 1 of them only. 1 hidden guy who sucks. They were hardly hidden though it was obvious that a path was around that area. Chests you can see are just items they could have handed to you, there pointless.

-If I remember right, you had the one area that you described with the 2 chests you pick from, and another 2 in there. Then the area where you find Norm also has a 2nd hidden passage with a chest in it. Then there's the Lost Woods which has a few chests and the best EXP spot in the game in it. Then in the last dungeon, last chapter, there's quite a few different paths to take and you can miss a lot of stuff. I'm also tempted to say there's another secret area in chapter 3 but I haven't played the game in a while.

Also, there are a couple of 'hidden' equips in the game which you can only get as random mob drops. You get the 2 best spears in the game this way (one has 20 power, one has 50% crit) and you can also get more shields, and Angel rings (that heal HP and double stat gains.)

Still the popularity is odd FE 4 is way better, not to mention the newer ones.

-FE4 is amazing. I think that the reason Gaiden is popular is that a translation came out pretty early, so a bunch got to play it, and it's been referenced in newer games. Like the BGM for Celica is in Smash Bros Brawl. Also, a lot of people like this game for it's difficulty, and I guess just the fact that it's different.
---
Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?