Game Script inside...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Utawarerumono
  3. Game Script inside...

User Info: Ethan_Silver

Ethan_Silver
5 years ago#1
After playing through this game, I figured I'd tackle the task of ripping the game scripts. Apparently some tools already exist but I've been unable to track them down as they were old as heck (~2004-2005).

What I have so far is far from being perfect, with a number of script commands as of yet undetermined. Then again, I started this about two days ago, so... ya know. :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=06XO3R2P

Note that pretty much everything in the game seems to be handled by these files, and not just events. The events are mostly fine with only a few minor commands missing for the most part. More code-related stuff doesn't quite come out all that well yet. Have a look at the op_* files for the opening scenes, mb_* files for battle events, and most of the ones starting by a character's name (ex, aru_m1_010).

Also worth nothing,
Var_007F = FFFF;
Var_0085 = 0000;
This series of instructions is used to make the name of whoever is talking blank. Not too sure why (especially considering there's a command to change the name already) but whatever.

I'll probably have a better version at some future date. Enjoy!
  1. Boards
  2. Utawarerumono
  3. Game Script inside...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived