The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

CYOA: You are Froakie (part 2)

#1MottmanPosted 3/6/2013 10:13:01 AM
First, thanks to all of you who participated in the original topic. First topic I've ever made here that got to 500. If anyone needs a reminder of where we left off in the story or wants to read previous updates, here's the original topic:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/572200-warflame/65185006

Now then, on with the story:

You chose C: Go elsewhere in the forest to try to find another source of food before attempting a rescue

"First things first," you say. "We still need to find food for our group. Let's search another area to see if we can find something. Then once everyone in our group is well-fed, we'll go rescue Cyndaquil."

"That is very sound reasoning, Froakie," Fennekin agrees.

"But, like, what if something happens to Cyndaquil in the meantime?" Torchic sobs. "We can't waste time!"

"Listen, you!" Fennekin yells, her typically infinite patience at its end. "Do you not understand that in our current condition, we have no hope of rescuing Cyndaquil? Stop blubbering and help us!"

Torchic continues to sniffle and cry quietly but says no more.

"Ummm, let's go," you say awkwardly, surprised at Fennekin's bluntness.

As you walk awhile, you and Fennekin in front and Torchic a ways behind, Fennekin eventually mutters, "Useless. Why did you want to bring them on this mission?"

"Huh?" you say, surprised at her tone.

"Torchic is completely useless under pressure, and Cyndaquil got himself caught," Fennekin mumbles. "We should have brought Treecko and Mudkip along, at least they could've handled the pressure."

"Are you so blind that you don't see what Cyndaquil did?" you whisper brusquely at Fennekin. "He protected Torchic at the cost of his own safety because he loves her!"

"Cyndaquil loves Torchic?" Fennekin whispers back with equal anger. "Oh, now I see what this was all about. Inviting them along, having Cyndaquil of all Pokemon fight Arcanine. You risked our food and our safety on a matchmaking venture!"

"What of it?" you hiss at Fennekin. "It was working! Cyndaquil was handling himself fine until that stupid farmer brought reinforcements! And Cyndaquil sacrificed himself to save the one he loves! I consider that a great thing, not foolishness!"

"I...I suppose in a sense it was," Fennekin says. "But it certainly backfired on us, now didn't it?"

You say nothing to this. Instead you say, "You really couldn't tell about Cyndaquil liking Torchic? I thought you were the smart one in this group."

"Hmph, you can be dense about a Pokemon's feelings yourself, you know," Fennekin says.

Again, you have no response to this. Instead, you look back at Torchic and ask, "You hanging in there, Torchic?"

Torchic sniffles and says, "I guess so. I am getting, like, pretty hungry and stuff. But I just feel so bad about Cyndaquil. He saved me at the cost of his own freedom!" She starts to tear up again.

"Listen, you-" Fennekin starts, then thinks better of it and softens her tone. "We're all worried about Cyndaquil. And I promise you that we will not stop until we've freed him."

"Yes, yes, I must thank him!" Torchic says. "Thanks, Fennekin."

After this, all of you go silent for a while. Eventually, you find:

A. a tree of wild Berries, but all of the Berries are very high on the tree
B. a Kecleon running a farmer's market of sorts
C. a small marina town on the edge of the ocean
D. a river with a strange tree with Berries you do not recognize
E. a Butterfree guarding an Oran Berry tree
---
"If a beautiful woman with a big chest is in trouble, save them even if it means your life."
- Shing Meteoryte, Tales of Hearts
#2Crowfeather0226Posted 3/6/2013 10:15:44 AM
Listen, you

B
---
Hah! You better have burn heal!
#3Crowfeather0226Posted 3/6/2013 10:16:06 AM
Also YAY NEW TOPIC
---
Hah! You better have burn heal!
#4Traptin3daysPosted 3/6/2013 10:17:16 AM
B, I want to see how you will make Keckleon's personality. What was the game over option btw? :o
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#5Mottman(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 10:20:02 AM
Traptin3days posted...
What was the game over option btw? :o

Whoops, sorry, I forgot to say. I barely had time to fit my original message in the topic as is.

The "game over" option in the previous round was D. And I probably won't do any more of those.
---
"If a beautiful woman with a big chest is in trouble, save them even if it means your life."
#6Traptin3daysPosted 3/6/2013 10:27:30 AM
Mottman posted...
Traptin3days posted...

Whoops, sorry, I forgot to say. I barely had time to fit my original message in the topic as is.

The "game over" option in the previous round was D. And I probably won't do any more of those.

It's no problemo!

Oh interesting... How would it end if I may ask? :o
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#7Wall_of_WegeePosted 3/6/2013 11:46:51 AM
E. Butterfree!
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5602895616/h1265650A/
#8Blazekicker27Posted 3/6/2013 12:06:09 PM
E!
---
Official Houndoom of the Pokemon XY boards.
http://i.imgur.com/rNgxY.png
#9MetaFalconPunchPosted 3/6/2013 12:32:18 PM
Mottman posted...
Traptin3days posted...

And I probably won't do any more of those.

GOOD *sets down metal chair*

And B
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
Shadow Jolteon of Team Miror Infinity
#10Mottman(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 2:09:01 PM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
Mottman posted...
Traptin3days posted...

And I probably won't do any more of those.

GOOD *sets down metal chair*

Of course, this story WILL have an ending at some point, don't misunderstand me there. Eventually I'll want to wrap everything up and so I'll start gearing the voting options towards a end scenario. But I doubt that I'll do any more polls that could lead to a premature end of story.
---