How would you rate it?

#1AtorPosted 1/31/2008 7:34:44 AM
Reviewers have given this title 7's and 8's. I have played a TON of tactical strategy games and, although dated by todays standards, this is one of the few titles that I would still rate as a 10. It is as playable today as it was in '95, despite the sluggish load times and blocky animation.
---
Why fit in when you can STAND OUT !!!
#2destroyer25Posted 2/9/2008 11:10:55 AM
I rate this a 10, in fact, it is among my top 5 favorite games ever. I spent so many hours with this game it's a shame I didn't write an FAQ. Back when Next Gen magazine was still around they gave it 5 stars "Revolutionary." This game was the reason I bought a Saturn. The 3D battles are dated but still cool. Eventually I only turned them on during naval battles to speed up the gameplay. I don't think 3D battles in a hex-strategy game have been topped since Iron Storm. Several years ago some members here who had played the Daisenryaku Saturn games said the 3D was done better in Iron Storm. The "3D" animation mode in Daisenryaku VII is a joke.

Iron Storm sparked my interest in WWII like never before. It's educational! It also left me wanting something more "hardcore" and was satisfied with Steel Panthers III:Brigade Command. But one battle in that was so time consuming, mostly because I maxed out the unit count in pre-made battles. Games like Iron Storm and Daisenryaku VII are a good balance between depth and accessibility. I like the direction the series is going with different elevations and modern warfare. Now it just needs a decent single player campaign based on real world scenarios and more real world maps. Hopefully Western gamers will see more than 1 release per decade.

---
"No, a rip off is you kicking and swinging your arms around while three guys beat you senseless with bike chains and tire irons."- Steve Youngblood
#3destroyer25Posted 2/9/2008 12:19:17 PM
Oh yeah. I meant "someone who had played the OTHER Saturn AND Dreamcast games..."
---
"No, a rip off is you kicking and swinging your arms around while three guys beat you senseless with bike chains and tire irons."- Steve Youngblood
#4MechanixleAnimlPosted 2/12/2008 8:29:27 PM
Wow this is crazy i thought i was the only one who knew about this game lol go figure. I loved it truly a 10/10 Gameplay was difficult and strategy elements were greatly implemented.
---
Xbox Live: Lifeless1 Lone Wolve Currently at Rank 41 Halo 3