Link to Anoop's Princess Crown Translation

#1uncle5555Posted 4/28/2012 8:14:03 PM
I know a few people were asking for this a few months ago...

Here's the only way I could find it, hope it helps those interested, I made a backup, but I'm not hosting the files since its not my content.

Princess Crown Translation Site

http://web.archive.org/web/20080304171404/http://www.andriasang.com/princesscrown/pcrown/translation.html

I tried contacting Anoop via Andria Sang (his news webpage) and heard nothing back, so as long as its archived on the web it should be accessible.
#2Exceed20XXPosted 5/3/2012 7:08:43 PM
Thank you! I found a supposedly fractured guide somebody salvaged from Anoop's work but having access to the actual thing finally may help me try this game out at last. Have you went through the overall game with it yet?
---
3DS: MGS3D, RE:Mercs 3D, Tekken 3D ||| DC: H-L1 ||| iOS: Ascension: CotG ||| Sat: Drac X, PDS
#3uncle5555(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2012 2:49:24 PM
"Thank you! I found a supposedly fractured guide somebody salvaged from Anoop's work but having access to the actual thing finally may help me try this game out at last. Have you went through the overall game with it yet?"

Your welcome. ;-)

(I do need to note I own the PSP version)

I played through up to the 3rd location after you leave the castle, but it seems spot on with his walkthrough as I've seen so far, I backed up everything I could see for when I do start playing through for real, so there should not be any issues with following it and playing the game, he was quite comprehensive with his guide, maps, people to talk too, there should be no reason to not be able to play through and follow along (he even took screenshots and translated some of them too.

A real labor of love, he wrote it in the voice of the fairy the princess meets, shame you have to perform a treasure hunt online to find any information for any information on the site at all, and he never backed it up at his personal site or answers any emails regarding it (and yes I did try and contact him with no luck) thankfully it's about 99% archived in the way back machine backup, but I'd still recommend grabbing your own copies in case anyone else needs it and it somehow goes away someday.

Its too bad the people who have the pdf archive couldn't contact him to get permission to post it here at Gamefaqs, so it'd be available somewhere for people to have access too.

Anyway, I'm rambling, just glad that someone else who needed it, was able to find it through some of my online sleuthing.

Hope you get to play the game soon, its a extremely good (and great looking) effort by Vanillaware and a real shame no one outside of Japan was able to experience it fully without (this guide) or importing the game.

Cheers.
#4Exceed20XXPosted 5/4/2012 4:01:03 PM
If you don't mind my asking, how did you go about backing it up though? May sound stupid to ask but... yeah. I'm curious since losing this information now would be killer as I just got my Saturn copy yesterday.
---
3DS: MGS3D, RE:Mercs 3D, Tekken 3D ||| DC: H-L1 ||| iOS: Ascension: CotG ||| Sat: Drac X, PDS
#5uncle5555(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2012 9:15:05 PM
"If you don't mind my asking, how did you go about backing it up though? May sound stupid to ask but... yeah. I'm curious since losing this information now would be killer as I just got my Saturn copy yesterday."

No, no harm in asking, I used a screenshot taking program called screenshot pimp (firefox addon) I'm sure they're others but that's the one I prefer.

Just keep in mind he's got like 57 pages to take snapshots of so it'll take an hour or two to grab everything in the correct order and some pages contain a link to 2-3 pages as well, (due to the way the game changes some areas after progressing through the game) so keep that in mind as well.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask, that was the point of opening this thread, I'm just glad someone has found it useful and is getting help from it, and from an excellent walkthrough that is sadly hard to get to these days.

Cheers.