Sonic3&K carnival night problem

#1roeerobotPosted 10/24/2009 12:21:47 PM
Hi I'm new here. I have had a lot of problems at the Carnival Night. At the wall of 3 yellow cubes -it closes and the only way to pass it is under the barrel or around it or over it but I can't get past the barrel. I tried jumping at the same time as Tails and presses 'A" but don't manage to jump on the barrel or get past it or lower it.
I'd appreciate some input.
many thanks.
#2Zealous98Posted 10/25/2009 2:11:58 PM
God I love you. Do you know why I love you? Because, you are a standing testament to the eternal endurement of the nightmare that is Carnival Night Zone Act II. Wow--just, fifteen years later since its release--

Ahh, nevermind. The solution is really counter-intuitive.

You can hold UP or DOWN on the d-pad to influence the barrel's movement. You don't even have to jump.

Much obliged. :D
---
Don't dream it...
... be it.
#3roeerobot(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2009 2:35:19 PM
Wow, thanks! Nightmare is right. I tried the up/down arrows -they move the barrel but i am still trapped in the barrel. What do you mean by d-pad?
#4Zealous98Posted 10/27/2009 8:13:12 PM
Yeah, I do mean up and down. The d is for "direction." Direction-pad.

You just have to keep moving it up and down until you're able to jump off to the right. Hold down when you're at the top, and hold up when you reach the top, then repeat. You should start moving both farther upward and farther downward. ... We... are thinking of the same barrel, right? >_>
---
Don't dream it...
... be it.
#5roeerobot(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2009 12:01:59 PM
Yep same barrel. I am really REALLY happy to inform you that I am at this moment jumping all over the room as FINALLY after about two years I have just managed (with your kind and expert help) to get through the barrel and I am now well into the IceCap -Zone One! This is truly incredible as I had succeeded in the past when playing as Knuckles, but as I said I was stuck for two years trying to get through as Sonic/Tails. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!
#6Zealous98Posted 10/31/2009 12:21:57 PM
Yay :D Congrats!

Now to get all the chaos emeralds, mirite?? lawl
---
Don't dream it...
... be it.
#7roeerobot(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2009 8:34:28 AM
Got em already! With Sonic alone I got as far as Doomsday. With Sonic and Tails together I got to right to the end. Also with Knuckles. Am really enjoying myself. Thanks again for your help.
#8Zealous98Posted 11/7/2009 12:28:53 PM
If you're at all interested, I recorded myself playing through the game as Hyper Sonic. Because of my boundless laziness, however, I didn't record Death Egg. Hmmmm.

Here's Angel Island:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAcOEWq71KA
---
Don't dream it...
... be it.