I still love this game and have wished for a real sequel for nearly 20 years now

#11LobsterSan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2011 12:55:40 AM
Welcome to Black's Market. Our Swiss cheese is made from hole milk!
#12DamageIncPosted 1/4/2012 9:41:54 PM
LOL!!!

I would love to see a sequel to this game too... bundled with a sequel to Cross Country Canada :)
---
OMG YOU CAN UNEQUIP ITEMS
FRABJOUS DAY
#13LobsterSan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2012 12:32:49 AM
DamageInc posted...
LOL!!!

I would love to see a sequel to this game too... bundled with a sequel to Cross Country Canada :)

I didn't know they had a Canadian version of that game. We used to play Cross Country USA all the time in our grade school computer lab on Apple II computers. Good times.
#14DamageIncPosted 1/9/2012 4:44:10 AM
Funny thing is that I thought it was a Canadian production -- I didn't realize there was a Cross Country USA.

Other epic games from that time include Below the Root, Odell Lake, and Number Munchers :)

But yeah, my sister and I played the heck out of Jones back in the day. Was a great, simple multiplayer game for its time. I never understood why it seemed to get so much hate.
---
OMG YOU CAN UNEQUIP ITEMS
FRABJOUS DAY
#15LobsterSan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2012 6:50:56 PM
Number Muncher made me the the king of math speed tests in 3rd grade.

I found a facebook Jones in the Fast Lane multiplayer project in the works. I tried it out but it seemed a little buggy. I like the more faithful flash version better.
#16bw3011Posted 1/23/2012 1:56:25 PM
I love the game, but there's only so many times I can play against Jones himself before it starts getting repetitive. The new flash version has online multiplayer available but there's literally never anyone else playing.
#17LobsterSan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2012 5:53:16 PM
Yeah I don't like waiting for Jones' turn to finish, so I usually end up just playing solo and trying to either a) beat my record for finishing the game with maxed stats or b) try to have a ton of money, buy a ton of gold at it's lowest price, then sell for millions when inflation hits.
#18LobsterSan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2012 8:12:11 PM
This week you made $63 with your computer