Well, I saved Nina.

#1Kardak_LegaiusPosted 10/5/2011 3:26:01 AM
Somewhat. I hadn't seen anyone mention it, so I thought I would share what's probably been figured out.

If you go in and fight Valdez without Wolf's tank Nina won't run out and commit suicide by dog. She'll ask you if you know Wolf, and if you say no she'll wonder where he is, and if you say yes she says she'll wait for him forever.

So, the best you can hope for is that she lives the rest of her life in a cave by a boiling pool of chilli.
---
My Wii Number: 7346 9314 7587 7650
My Wii name: Heartsign Please add me. :)
#2threetimesPosted 10/5/2011 4:31:33 AM
Well that makes a lot of sense. :)

And by "without Wolf's tank" do you mean, without having acquired it all? So the events with Red Wolf didn't get completed, or just not actually use the tank for the battle.
---
"As for threetimes, yep, she is a badass mofo faq maker." - ignasia7
#3Kardak_Legaius(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2011 12:48:11 PM
I had already completed Wolf's events and had his tank.

I realized Nina only runs out to be eaten by the dogs once she sees wolf's tank, so even though I had Red Wolf with me I just went back to right before I spoke to Valdez (save state) and drove out of the cave and parked the Red Wolf right outside the cave entrance on the world map. Then I went back in and fought Valdez. He still asks if I am Wolf though he doesn't mention the tank. He still doesn't believe me when I say I'm not him.

Aside from the missing tank reference from Valdez, the dialogue with everyone is the same until after the fight is over.

Afterwards, with no Red Wolf in her field of vision, she just decides to wait around for Wolf.

Did I make a "new" discovery?
---
My Wii Number: 7346 9314 7587 7650
My Wii name: Heartsign Please add me. :)
#4threetimesPosted 10/5/2011 3:28:41 PM
I think you might have. I don't remember this being discussed, although it might have been. It's been quite a while... But I'm sure lianaleslie will have known about it, given that she translated the game. :D
---
"As for threetimes, yep, she is a badass mofo faq maker." - ignasia7