Romantic Earrings - how many is too much? :)

#1bookwormbabe29Posted 12/13/2008 7:20:45 PM
Well, i've been doing the arena fight with Kharg, and i've won 4 of them (5 technically, but i sold one for the cash). With the two darc has and the roamtic stone, that gives me three people who never have to use a spirit stone. I had planned on getting a set for a party of six 9sans 1 with the romantic stone) so i'd need another 9. Still, 9 stones, 20 battles each... that's a lot. I had planned to keep fighting until Kharg's team caught up in levels, and they've all hit level 40 already; something i didn't expect so soon.

so now i'm debating... do i do another 180 arena fights for the earrings and make Kharg's team moderatly to severly higher level than Darc's team, or get on with the story? :)

---
My name is Vicky. I am female. I use the Internet. Get over it.
Guild Wars IGN: Odessa Dentramont, Cecilia Dentramont
#2bookwormbabe29(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2008 1:28:14 PM
well, the perfectionist in me won out, and i'm going for them all. i now have my romantic stone, and 11 romantic earrings. only 4 more to go! :)

---
#3ShotgunnovaPosted 12/14/2008 11:18:13 PM
I usually just get the Romantic Stone and if anyone needs to use a high-power move, I equip it mid-battle.

---
Take me down from the ridge where the summer ends
And watch the city spread out just like a jet's flame
#4bookwormbabe29(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2008 7:57:19 AM
see, that would be LOGICAL. perfectiinist vicky? she's crazy. i mean, we're talking certifiable crazy, with documentation and all.

And for the record, i now have 15 romantic earrings and my romantic stone, so no one in the active party ever needs spirirt stoens again. Going into the final chapter, Darc's team ranges from level 43 (volk and delma camelia bebedora) to 45 ( choko and Darc). Kharg's team is all level 49 with the the romantic stone/earrings. the humans were the underdogs, but they have taken the lead. i mean seriously, unlimted Great hunters? i gave maru the stone and two gale head bands as well.... it's so...beautiful.

and final boss? final boss? i aint' afraid of no stinking final boss! :)

and just in case anyone is wondering... i timed it with two save files, and it took 19 hours, 11 minutes to get all the earrigns i needed. if you don't coutn the two on darc's team ( say, you missed them) and needed two more, i do a run in about a half hour, so it would take approxiamtely 20 hours to do repeat this and get your own set of unlimited SP goodness.

---
#5ShotgunnovaPosted 12/15/2008 2:05:10 PM
Nineteen hours...wow. I would usually just use the Romantic Stone with Diekbeck's Diek-Break attack and end up killing everything 99% of the time. :p

Still, pretty nice feat -- I've never done anything like that before.

---
Take me down from the ridge where the summer ends
And watch the city spread out just like a jet's flame
#6bookwormbabe29(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2008 10:05:13 PM
yea, it's not for the SANE, you know? but what they hey, i'm sick in bed until... oh i don't know, Auguest... so i have to make my games last. and having unlimited special attacks for the entire active party? i mean, it's a massacre. being level 50 doesn't hurt either mind you lol.

and if you do the math, a ahlf hour per run doesn't exactly equal 19 hours; this is due to
A) sometime, i um, fell asleep as it got boring lol. and
B) starting out, i didn't have a full set of roamntic earrings for the second party member, so i only had one person attacking i nthe beginning. once I had my full set of earrings for two party members, it became much easier.

of course, if you used Diebeak and/or Maru, it would go MUCH faster; i kept my party balanced the entrie way. Tatjana and Kharg can hold thier own for the most part, but Ganz and Paullette slow things up more often than naught. If you were going for speed, Maru and diek are much better alternative.

---