Nocturne vs. Digital Devil Saga

#1Philosopher1701Posted 8/17/2008 6:13:06 PM
I'm not sure if I should buy Nocturne or Digital Devil Saga I and II. Which one would you recommend and why?
---
"What are these churches now if they are not the tombs and sepulchres of God?"
~ Die fröhliche Wissenschaft
#2AirDragonGalePosted 8/17/2008 6:59:10 PM
Sig.

Why? Story is more fleshed out, I like the characters better, and the character development is one of the best I have seen recently.
I like the the extra bosses in DDS 1 and 2 better as well.

But get all 3 anyway.
---
DDS is Best
#3NogahamPosted 8/17/2008 8:38:23 PM
Yeah, get all 3 if possible.

Story definitely is better in DDS 1 and 2. I like their soundtracks a little better as well. The skill system in DDS can make you absolutely powerful and isnt as unforgiving as the one in Nocturne (regarding the main char) which you might like or not.
#4yoichiwadaPosted 8/18/2008 3:10:01 AM
buy all three of them and spread Shin Megami Tensei word around and shut up and then buy my FFXIII video games and enjoy .

if you really want to play a cult extravaganza video game , go get have SMT : Nocturne , even if you have no money to buy it , just sell your computer or your old FF video games and again buy it , buy it !!!
---
You're kidding right? KOS-MOS alone is a DBZ style planet crusher and with Mary she could devour a solar system or two for breakfast. ~Grimsleeper1986
#5StravaccaPosted 8/18/2008 6:27:14 AM
You should get all three. They are equally awesome to me.
#6Look over therePosted 8/18/2008 8:20:29 AM
Get all 3
#7antihero_mPosted 8/18/2008 10:05:10 AM
DDS.
---
Answering ignorant questions is part of my job description. Please go on. -Advocat
#8Philosopher1701(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2008 8:30:32 PM
It sounds like many of you think that the story of DDS is better than Nocturne's. I know nothing about DDS's plot, but what little of Nocturne's that I know about seems pretty freaking epic.
---
#9shinkenshobuPosted 8/20/2008 5:27:43 PM
DDS2 has an awesome plot. DDS isn't quite as awesome. They are really only better than SMT3's plot because SMT3 doesn't really HAVE a plot. It's a bunch of weird events happening in a weird world united but REALLY weird ideas.

I honestly like the story and ideas of SMT3 more, but get DDS if you like having a more directly interesting story because DDS2 is awesome. SMT3 is like reading philosophy at times, hah.

BUT it has a skeleton on a motorcycle. And a skeleton matador. So weigh your options.
#10Philosopher1701(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2008 6:28:01 PM
Look at my username. I'm a huge fan of philosophy. :)
---