I need major help! How do i change my demons skills manually?

#1Left4ShamanPosted 1/2/2009 2:31:31 PM
When my demon levels up it says your demon wants to change skills then it says will you let it yes or no, it does not show me what the incoming skills is nor does it let me choose what skill i want replaced. Is there any way to replace my demons skills of my choosing when they learn a new skill?

Also how does my party look so far? I am currently level 13

High pixie
Chorzuro or what ever his name is hes a big ectoplasm with a lot of faces.
Angel
#2yuri_gPosted 1/2/2009 2:48:57 PM
You can't change skills manually, you can only allow a skill to change or force it to stay the same. And no, you can't even tell which skill is going to change, much less what it's going to change into. Definitely a much more challenging (or some would say annoying) system than skill-changing in Persona 3.
---
"Expect the best out of yourself and try to put up with everyone else."
~ Ragik
#3ponchikanPosted 1/2/2009 2:50:05 PM
No, when the skill changes you have no control over what skill it changes into and you can't switch out that skill until your demon learns another one to replace it. If you get stuck with a crap skill, I'd say dump the demon and resummon it if you don't mind recovering the levels it lost.
#4Left4Shaman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2009 2:59:00 PM
ah damn cause every time a new skill comes in on my demons i usually end up losing its healing skill
#5yuri_gPosted 1/2/2009 3:46:06 PM
This is why I deny the skill change every single time, without exception. The tiny change that you'll get a decent upgrade simply is not worth the extremely high chance that you'll get screwed over.
---
~ Ragik
#6yuri_gPosted 1/3/2009 8:40:47 AM
*chance not change
---
~ Ragik
#7Troika19Posted 1/4/2009 8:16:36 AM
Yeah I realised fast that the skill change 9/10 times simply isn't worth the risk.

The only time I let it happen is with a demon that has a pretty weak skill set to begin with.
#8Artix74Posted 1/14/2009 4:53:02 PM
It's not a bad risk early game. I was just playing around in the Hospital with Will o Wisp's spell that increases encounter rate and by the time I was done, I had a High Pixie with Mazio and the little green thing with Null Force. In my last game after I fused that onto a Jack Frost though it changed my Null Force into Violet something...I was saddened greatly.
---
Atlus > You.
Now playing--Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
#9GatlaeusPosted 1/15/2009 8:27:12 PM
If you're training near a save point, and one of your demons is one or two battles from leveling, save, then if you don't like the skill change, load your save and try again.
---
"I think he's an awesome guy!" - drfoogin
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/Gatlaeus.jpg
#10Nodonn3Posted 1/16/2009 3:59:11 AM
In replays I let all of the early demons change their skills. As soon as I have the Macca, they are getting booted anyway so I figure why not? :)

---
When the light bulb goes on in my head ... is that just a filament of my imagination?